X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crawl Hole from HELL

so i am betting that all of you have been in similar spaces if not worse but in my short time this is the worst for me!
    Attached Files

Re: Crawl Hole from HELL

That would get a "no, we need to remove the subfloor" from me.

Comment

that's why they have codes about access to cleanouts.

and why i don't like crawling anymore.

just think, you're only an apprentice. you have plenty more bad ones in your future

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

must have been mice too. Was this a main line call? Pull the toilet and charge $50.00 more.
        ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

What are you talking about?
          I could play handball in there.

But on a serious note.Did you guys replace that 3",stuff looks like it was just put in.

Comment

There is plenty of room in there, Just holesaw through the duct work and extend your cleanout through to a convenient place!!! No joke I DO know guys that have done similiar just to spite the HVAC guy!

Comment

it's not just a job, it's an adventure
              Last edited by stokefire7; 10-01-2008, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Just add spelunking onto your resume!

Comment

Ran gas csst in a very similar one 2 years ago. WARNING I don't like that armored ELEC cable floating around ,Needs proper support. Trahan Bros. hvac San Rafael ca. about 15 years ago had a worker killed! He was sliding under a metal duct and was electruded!
                  Home owner had wired in a new Jen Air cook top. Tradesman was a young Father with a wife and 2 children

Like the 4 brick C.I. HANGER !
                  Last edited by toolaholic; 10-01-2008, 10:15 AM.
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

atleast there is no insulation?
                    Mike
                    Clark County Plumbing And Drain
                    www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

the crawl space under my house is not much better, in some places there is not room to crawl, and where there is it was dug out with a entrenching tool, (folding army shovel), but there are no clean outs under there,
                      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                      attributed to Samuel Johnson
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Did a job in a crawlspace very similar to that about 6 months ago.

I ran a little over 30' of 2" for a laundry drain all supported & pitched, then cut into 4" CI main.

I tried using a 5 gal bucket to lug tools stock & fittings, but wound up tossing everything into a heavy duty garbage bag because the bucket wouldn't get past certain points without having to tip it on its side.

The highlights:
                        - Breaking the lightbulb on my drop light after crawling all the way to the 4" main and having to slide all the way back to get another.

- After coming back & cutting the 4", realized I only brought one 4" clamp..another trip back.

- Impaling myself on a 3" nail..the homeowner was horrified when I resurfaced.

When the inspector came, I offered to give him the guided tour below...he politely declined the kind offer..despite my insistance that he should really look at my great work.

Comment

Originally posted by writecory View Post
                          so i am betting that all of you have been in similar spaces if not worse but in my short time this is the worst for me!
                          This reminds me of the steam tunnels I work in when doing trap repairs .
                          Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
                          New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

A little tight, but at least it's dry.
                            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnman1100 View Post
                              must have been mice too. Was this a main line call? Pull the toilet and charge $50.00 more.
                              This was a "fish new lines from one end to the other" call. It is a hostel (or so they claim) and they were adding a bathroom upstairs with two showers and two lavs in it. The main hot water line (ran in soft copper on the right side of the pic) was in 1/2" and they wanted two new 3/4 lines from the hot water heaters to the upstairs. Even though the cold is ran in 3/4 to the opening of the crawl hole my boss determined that it wasn't a good idea to come off of that because they are already having problems downstairs with water pressure fluctuation.

SO... we had to run two new pex lines down that beast. we attempted to fish it, however there are a few things for them to get hung up on. So, I ended up (with great distane) crawling while attempting not to get stuck (didn't work...on the way back I had to pause and breathe so as not to panic).

SUCKED!

Comment

Working...
                              X