Graveyard Shift

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graveyard Shift

I used to do a lot of work at mortuaries/funeral homes. What an eye opener!
    That's where I learned that plumbers and embalmers were in the same high risk health category. I also learned that mondays and tuesdays were not the best days in Memphis to work in the prep room because the bodies would be stacked two & three to a table in the waiting room (after a busy weekend). Does anyone have any stories to share?
    "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Re: Graveyard Shift

No stories I can share but that was my first profession, embalmer now a plumber go figure!

wookie

Comment

As a journeyman I was lent out to other local plumbers who got weird-ed out by the job location when our code changed to require flush rim sinks in the aspiration room.
      Mike

Comment

When I was a young lad my grandfather had to dig up his back yard for a plumbing problem. The line was blocked that ran from the funeral home through his back yard to the river
        If you think fermenting poo stinks try rotting human fat, tissue and blood -this defined stink for me for the rest of my life.

Comment

i replaced a water heater in a funeral home last year they had an old man who they just got ready for his funeral laying on a bed in a room with the door open across the hall where i was working. everytime the owner of the funeral home came in to talk to me i would whisper and finally he said "why are you whispering you aint gonna wake him up!" whoops force of habit he looked like he was sleeping
          Mike
          Clark County Plumbing And Drain
          www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

Working...
          X