X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other forms of payment

A friend of mine, a fishing buddy who is a late 50's Irishman (lived in Canada for over 30 years, has raised his kids here, etc.), when he was a young "lad," he moved to England in his Mid Teens. He said he used to work for the gas company there and the guy he worked under was what he described as how shall we say, fairly appealing to the ladies. So he says they used to do all types of gas company type stuff - the odd gas leak call, meter discrepencies (I got a really high gas bill and I can't understand why, etc.). So he says they used to get regular calls from about 8-10 different woman (Oh, I have a gas leak). So he goes we would show up, he would tell me to clean up the van, or organize this, or fix that, and he would dissappear for about 20-30 minutes and come out all sweaty/red in the face, etc. He knew what was going on.

Just curious if you guys have ever been offered other forms of payment in the past? And not just "that," but maybe other things too?

Re: Other forms of payment

i have a long time customer that always has fresh home made cookies when i get there

this is right up dunbars alley

i did have my customer flash me last month. with his wife there

it's ok as next time i visit him in the e.r. i'll have him check for splinters in my butt

rick.

joey just ran into them the other day at the market and questioned him. so did his wife.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Eye candy IS nice.

I was also given a bottle of wine. Screw cap, not cork.

Comment

Thanks, I'll stick with the Cookies !!!
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I wonder if the gas company is hiring?

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            i have a long time customer that always has fresh home made cookies when i get there

this is right up dunbars alley

i did have my customer flash me last month. with his wife there

it's ok as next time i visit him in the e.r. i'll have him check for splinters in my butt

rick.

joey just ran into them the other day at the market and questioned him. so did his wife.

Sure is.

The fellow I'm doing a bathroom for right now fixed me some great chicken soup that was spicy *He's from Lousiana*

and then the next day he sent me home with some Jerk Shrimp with some really great spicy mustard dip.

The Jerk Shrimp is made in a skillet with huge shrimp and sections of corn on the cob, adding in some peppers and tomatoes, bunch of other stuff.

Can't complain and he's an excellent cook, much grateful for the good eatins.

He has a cajun party every two years, does a lot of community stuff and cooks all kinds of stuff like alligator *hear that josh?* and frog legs, dirty rice, jumbalya sp? in a 10 gallon stainless steel pot and what looks like boat oar to stir it...anything you can possibly imagine in regards to seafood from the great Louisiana.

Super nice guy. He's still paying me when I'm done though. But I'm working a deal for him for his $70,000.00 basement remodel.

I'll take a moving video of this bar when it's done, the bathroom I put in.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Since the word "handsome" and Tyman have never been used in the same sentence women don't appear to be making any offers.

I had a guy give me some homemade bottled wine. He let me see how he did it. It grossed me out and I threw the bottle of wine away.

Last year I replaced the floor around a toilet and the lady had a full sized goat in the kitchen. She was a farmer around 45 y.o. with no husband. She gave me a whole bunch of eggs from her chickens. I really didn't want them but I didn't want to upset her and I am pretty sure she could kick my a$$.

She wore bibbs with a white shirt and no bra. I still have nightmares today, and every time I see a brown egg I just don't feel right.
              Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Made a deal for a side of Grain Fed Angus Beef. The butcher was willing to barter

mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmm

okie

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                  Made a deal for a side of Grain Fed Angus Beef. The butcher was willing to barter

mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmm

okie

In the big picture,

that is probably a better deal than money when you consider what that freezer offers when spending hundreds at the grocery store stings.
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
                  X