Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Not my cable (Pics)

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
    and using a K-60 a whole year.....yep, your the drain master for sure
    2 years with a k-60, general route 66, 88, and k1500 sectional machines.

not to mention drum machines since i was 12 and that was 33 years ago. and jetters for over 10 years.

i'm not even going to ask you for your experience and licenses, as i don't want to embarrass you in front of the forum

i also am 1 of the earliest (pre ridgid days) users of sewer cameras, and pipe bursting. not to mention the fact that i have real first hand knowledge of new construction plumbing from the ground work up. this also going back to 1975.

knowing how to run a machine is one thing. knowing what is below the ground and behind the walls is another thing.

like i said before, i can take a person like adam who has 1 day of drain cleaning under his belt and in 6 months of time, make him into the most knowledgeable drain cleaner out there.

the difference between a plumber and a drain cleaner is plumbers that have done new construction have first hand knowledge of the entire plumbing system. a drain cleaner doesn't know plumbing design or layout. not to mention the codes or any real construction experience.

knowing plumbing installations is always a big plus with drain cleaning.

learning/ hands on drain cleaning is a fairly fast process. learning/ hands on plumbing and codes is a very long process.

believe it or not

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
      you might be jumping the gun here guy`s ???? Who knows that (((HE))) left the cable and not a guy a year or two a go? been there done that it might be why the last guy couldn`t clear it

I'm the kind of guy that will go broke being honest rather than be dishonest.... When I break a cable I will go and get it.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

not to mention drum machines since i was 12 and that was 33 years ago. and jetters for over 10 years.

i'm not even going to ask you for your experience and licenses, as i don't want to embarrass you in front of the forum

i also am 1 of the earliest (pre ridgid days) users of sewer cameras, and pipe bursting. not to mention the fact that i have real first hand knowledge of new construction plumbing from the ground work up. this also going back to 1975.

knowing how to run a machine is one thing. knowing what is below the ground and behind the walls is another thing.

like i said before, i can take a person like adam who has 1 day of drain cleaning under his belt and in 6 months of time, make him into the most knowledgeable drain cleaner out there.

the difference between a plumber and a drain cleaner is plumbers that have done new construction have first hand knowledge of the entire plumbing system. a drain cleaner doesn't know plumbing design or layout. not to mention the codes or any real construction experience.

knowing plumbing installations is always a big plus with drain cleaning.

learning/ hands on drain cleaning is a fairly fast process. learning/ hands on plumbing and codes is a very long process.

believe it or not

rick.
        yep ok, yep ok, sure ok yep
        I`ve only been in plumbing since 1983 so I know nothing about plumbing and codes.
        I even have my 3rd apprentice card I got as a youngster when I quit the union co.

yep, the only experience I have is from owning a drain and sewer co. But for some reason I`m even licensed to work on and install big city sewers and septic systems I have also designed a new septic system that we are waiting on the state to approve when the lab get the test results done. But I know nothing but cable sticking

Have fun and enjoy your little circle, I`m outta here
        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
          I'm the kind of guy that will go broke being honest rather than be dishonest.... When I break a cable I will go and get it.
          Thats the way it should be but as you found out thats not always the case with some
          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Update Cable everywhere!

It just keeps getting better....

What you may not see in the above is the cable has come back up the line and into the branch of the 45 %$^$^$$#

My teeth are still chattering from the jackhammers...

Back to work.

okie
            Last edited by OkieBill; 10-16-2008, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by plumber rick View Post

Not to mention drum machines since i was 12 and that was 33 years ago. And jetters for over 10 years.

I'm not even going to ask you for your experience and licenses, as i don't want to embarrass you in front of the forum

I also am 1 of the earliest (pre ridgid days) users of sewer cameras, and pipe bursting. Not to mention the fact that i have real first hand knowledge of new construction plumbing from the ground work up. This also going back to 1975.

Knowing how to run a machine is one thing. Knowing what is below the ground and behind the walls is another thing.

Like i said before, i can take a person like adam who has 1 day of drain cleaning under his belt and in 6 months of time, make him into the most knowledgeable drain cleaner out there.

The difference between a plumber and a drain cleaner is plumbers that have done new construction have first hand knowledge of the entire plumbing system. A drain cleaner doesn't know plumbing design or layout. Not to mention the codes or any real construction experience.

Knowing plumbing installations is always a big plus with drain cleaning.

Learning/ hands on drain cleaning is a fairly fast process. Learning/ hands on plumbing and codes is a very long process.

Believe it or not:d

rick.
              i have to agree with rick on this one. A drain-cleaner will always have a large advantage by learning plumbing codes and getting his plumbing license...always.
              Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                Update Cable everywhere!

It just keeps getting better....

What you may not see in the above is the cable has come back up the line and into the branch of the 45 %$^$^$$#

My teeth are still chattering from the jackhammers...

Back to work.
                okie
                You've got to be kidding. How in the world did that thing end up going against the direction of the wye. Is there something inside the wye which made it do it?

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

It may be another cable...

I will not know for sure until I find an end...lol

My first thought is that the cable turned back on itself in some way.

Okie

Comment

This thread has been awesome. Thanks for all the pics too OkieBill!
                    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                      You've got to be kidding. How in the world did that thing end up going against the direction of the wye. Is there something inside the wye which made it do it?

Mark
                      I think Bill lives in some sort of altered universe where the physical laws of plumbing don't apply

You could run a cable down that line a hundred times and not get it to go back up the wye no matter how hard you tried

Some bad Juju in that town

Comment

Wonder if one cable grabbed the other one?

J.C.

Comment

is half that pipe buried in concrete?

my gut feeling is the cable grabbed another broken cable in the line at the wye

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

wow--thats some serious crying rick------why are u so defensive when allclear shows u up??---which is always----------rick---ever hear the old saying , u win some , u lose some????

Comment

I may be stupid, slow, or missing something,( maybe all three!) but in the second picture on the first page, the cable seems to be coming out from the underground because the front end, the bulb, is what we are looking at. If someone broke or abandoned the cable you would see a bald end.

Could he have been cabling from another room and wound up coming out into the sink?? Or did someone already point that out?

Maybe its past my bedtime!

Comment

Looking at the condition of the cable in the washer line.... I believe that it was there first....

It in turn caused the next plumber to get jammed up and break when he put his cable down the vent.

What a mess, I'm not sure any of us could have escaped trouble on this call....

Here are a couple shots of the removed CI...

Okie
                                Last edited by OkieBill; 10-16-2008, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X