Not my cable (Pics)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Not my cable (Pics)

The second picture on the first page is the end of the cable that I pulled down from inside the roof vent line (this section of cable was above the wet line so it looks good) after I cut the stub out of the wall.

Comment

Re: Not my cable (Pics) My 2 cents

I feel these pictures have some GREAT educational value. Maybe trade school,maybe Ridgid training film. Does Ridgid have any training programs ? Good lessons here on some disclaimers in drain clearing agreements.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Just when I thought it could get no worse... There is a happy ending though...

The line in the above pic is pretty badly damaged where it goes into larger line.

Here is a shot of some of the mess in a section of removed line...

Still more!!! WTF!!!!!*&^^^%&^^^&

I grabbed onto these and gave them a gentle tug.... About 8" of cable came out YEA!!!! I got it!!!!!!

I better check the line with my Seesnake and make sure

The wind fell out of my sails after seeing this image...

Once I fed in the camera another foot I found the end of this section of cable. I put the hook on the seesnake and gently pulled this last bit out over the next 45 minutes....

Did I mention I found a third snake in the line (see below)

I believe I have all of the cable out of the lines... I'm gonna take a break and re plumb it all in the morning, the concrete truck will be there at 2.

What an adventure!

Okie

Comment

Great job and thanks for all of the follow ups.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

OkieBill -What do you think happened here? Three plumbers lost 3 snakes?

Nice job sticking with it until the entire problem solved.

Comment

Man! What a job. Thanks alot for posting all the pics. Very interesting.

Comment

Big, Bad, Bill! Still keeping Hacktown USA running!

With all the cable you found, the landlord KNOWS this has been going on for awhile and a longtime coming.

I think I'm going to print these pics to show slab customers what can happen before I begin.

Thanks again for the story & pics. Hospital finished?

J.C.

Comment

What a nightmare.... nice job, thanks for all the pics.

I think this is an interesting thread from a customer perception standpoint as well. It would have been tough to snake with anything and not get caught in the old cables. And if the other guy hears the storey, his thought will be oh, no wonder I got caught.

Yet he is still the guy who walked off the job after making it worse. If he'd had the honesty and openness to see the job thru when he got stuck, he'd have got paid, not lost his cable, had 3 days work, and been a hero. He bailed because he got scared he was responsible for the mess when he got stuck, when if he'd seen it thru no-one could blame him for getting stuck. His lack of responsibility turned him into the loser hack, and gave okiebill a bunch of work and the opportunity to be the hero.
                  This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Wow! What a mess!! Very impressive in both your plumbing, honesty, and balls to see it through. Already been said, but yes, that call was going to give someone(turned out to be Bill) a bad day. Getting ready to start my own business, here's what would bother me and I think others on the forum: The homeowner immediately wants you to foot the bill or work for free to remove your stuck cable. Of course, once you pull out 2-3 cables left by past plumbers, they should realize you're not responsible. While it was a nightmare job, Bill knew the owner and the owner trusted him. Once the owner saw this, he realized his trust is warranted. Doubt he will use anyone else but Bill in the future. Bill, thanks for all the details and pictures that really made this a worthwhile story. Hope you made a few $$ for all your trouble.

Comment

GREAT JOB. Way to stick with it. Love this thread. I think we all can learn from this. Thank you.

Comment

I enjoyed reading this whole thread. The photos were excellent. Thanks-

Comment

I can't believe I have never seen this thread before. That sh!t is from the Twilight zone or something. Great pics.
                          West Trail Mechanical Ltd
                          Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

I hate jackhammers!

Great Thread.

Thanks.

Comment

Just found this thread. Thank you for posting the series.

John

Comment

Yes great job and good reading

Comment

Working...
                                X