X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Not my cable (Pics)

After looking at these pictures , I won't sleep tonight !
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Man, ya'll found a Hacktown oldie but goody:-)

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        2 years with a k-60, general route 66, 88, and k1500 sectional machines.

not to mention drum machines since i was 12 and that was 33 years ago. and jetters for over 10 years.

i'm not even going to ask you for your experience and licenses, as i don't want to embarrass you in front of the forum

i also am 1 of the earliest (pre ridgid days) users of sewer cameras, and pipe bursting. not to mention the fact that i have real first hand knowledge of new construction plumbing from the ground work up. this also going back to 1975.

knowing how to run a machine is one thing. knowing what is below the ground and behind the walls is another thing.

like i said before, i can take a person like adam who has 1 day of drain cleaning under his belt and in 6 months of time, make him into the most knowledgeable drain cleaner out there.

the difference between a plumber and a drain cleaner is plumbers that have done new construction have first hand knowledge of the entire plumbing system. a drain cleaner doesn't know plumbing design or layout. not to mention the codes or any real construction experience.

knowing plumbing installations is always a big plus with drain cleaning.

learning/ hands on drain cleaning is a fairly fast process. learning/ hands on plumbing and codes is a very long process.

believe it or not

rick.
        Rick took a little heat on this thread but guess what? He was right. I agree with him also on the difference between a drain cleaner and a plumber and have fought for quit some time to not allow drain cleaners to work without a plumbing license. Knowing how DWV is installed and knowing how structures are framed is really valuable knowledge for anyone running a cable down a drain line.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
          Rick took a little heat on this thread but guess what? He was right. I agree with him also on the difference between a drain cleaner and a plumber and have fought for quit some time to not allow drain cleaners to work without a plumbing license. Knowing how DWV is installed and knowing how structures are framed is really valuable knowledge for anyone running a cable down a drain line.
          Can You give a summery of Your drain cleaning Program at school ? Thanks Tool
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

We have a K60 and a couple of smaller drill type drain tools along with a kinetic ram and the usual accessories. We take care of all the stoppages in the school district. Mostly paper towels and cell phones
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              We have a K60 and a couple of smaller drill type drain tools along with a kinetic ram and the usual accessories. We take care of all the stoppages in the school district. Mostly paper towels and cell phones
              I love it, No root rooter at Your school.

Comment

The nearest tree is a block and a half away
                sigpic

Comment

Good job it is a shame to see this, i wounder how long the first cable was in there. Any idea what made the first cable get stuck
                  Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                  http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                  http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                    Good job it is a shame to see this, i wounder how long the first cable was in there. Any idea what made the first cable get stuck
                    Hawk, I did that call 5 years ago, I have slept since then

If I remember right I thought that someone tried to clear the washer drain and got hung up, then the washer line was relocated under the sink but the cable from the washer hang-up was in the sink line (downstream) and caused the sink line to clog then a plumber came in and got hung up on the cheap-o cable that was used on the washer. Plumber cut off his K-50 cable tucked in the end and drove away...
                    Last edited by OkieBill; 02-21-2013, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                      You've got to be kidding. How in the world did that thing end up going against the direction of the wye. Is there something inside the wye which made it do it?

Mark
                      Mark, I know you made this reply many years ago. But I just wanted to share my experaince of a cable coming up a wye the wrong way.

I was with my father in an office building he was rodding from a rest room in one of the units and had me out in the hallway watching a clean out which was a wye. He said "Let him know when the rod makes it to the clean out, but be careful the rod might come out of the clean out. It should not come out it is nearly imposable since its a wye going with the direction of flow." About 20 minutes go by and I hear the rod, and about 30 seconds later it pops right out of the clean out. I ran to him told him to stop. He was shocked but not overly surprised that the rod did come out. Turns out he was pushing the item that caused the blockage, and when he got to the wye the item got caught and forced the rod to take the path of least resistance, a hairpin turn and up the clean out. I was maybe 13 years old then, so I don't recall what the item was. He ended up pulling back and moving the machine to the clean out I was watching and continued to push the blockage to the inspection manhole.

I have had 7/8" cable turn around in a 6" sewer and come back at me. Thats when I stopped using 7/8" cables for rodding main sewers, which is also why I would never get a K-60, I will stick to the K-500 or K-1500 machines and the 1 1/4" cables.
                      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                        ......... it pops right out of the clean out. I ran to him told him to stop. He was shocked but not overly surprised that the rod did come out. Turns out he was pushing the item that caused the blockage, and when he got to the wye the item got caught and forced the rod to take the path of least resistance, a hairpin turn and up the clean out. I was maybe 13 years old then
                        What machine was he running, what sized cable? Do you remember the cutter?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisConnor View Post
                          What machine was he running, what sized cable? Do you remember the cutter?
                          Spartan 1065, 3/4" cable(not sure if it was new or broken in), 3" cutter in a 4" cast iron line.
                          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
                          X