Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not my cable (Pics)

Rental property Sink clog....

I pull the trap apart and look in the stub out and what do I see?

( this is after I cut things away)

The previous plumber had gone down the roof vent and left a present in the line The owner called the last plumber that worked on the sink (3 days ago) who could not get it cleared, of course he knew nothing about this...

I'm the guy who is going to try to get it out...LOL

The cable is a 5/8" Ridgid open wind sectional cable...

It appears that the last plumber did not put his cables together properly which contributed to this issue.

My plan as of right now is to pull the sink for a bit of room and get after it with an engine lift, or an AT forklift through the window. An electrician friend is loaning me a cable sock / cinch (think chinese finger cuff with a 65K lb break strength)...

This line is an 1 1/2 copper line running through / under concrete, my plan is to pull till it breaks.... If it breaks we will run new line around front of house through garage to backyard for tie-in...

Either way this one is going to be an interesting job in Hacktown.

Do you think I will have any luck pulling???

I'll take lots of pictures.

Okie

Re: Not my cable (Pics)

i'd put alot of dish soap in first and try to hook up a hole hog in reverse
    i dont deal with sectional cables though? i'd like to hear how it goes though?
    Mike
    Clark County Plumbing And Drain
    www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

Agree; find a way to rotate the cable in reverse. I assume you've tried just pulling on it. You may have a busted line and end up replacing it anyway as something's got ahold of that cable. When you get it out, call up the first company and tell them you've got some used cable for sale.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Yup you need to rotate it, pulling it is asking for it to break

Comment

1/2 drill in reverse is what I`d do and I bet I could get it out.

Great post!
          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I will try the Hole Hawg in the morning, I wish I could get the cable to chuck into my HILTI 92.

Did I forget to mention the collapsed washing machine line that was rerouted (to this sink). The old washer line tied in about 15' down stream to this line...

okie

Comment

Do you not own a k 50 ?

Comment

I do not own a K50 though I do own a K60 that could do the job

Comment

forget the drill the hook it up to the k 60 and give it hell. If it breaks go to plan B

Comment

bill, do not use a drill. use the k-60 so you have a better feel and a quick acting clutch.

did the cable just come apart at the connector?

it might just need to be run in reverse to let go of the problem

don't try the drill

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,please explain why the drill is a bad idea. Thanks tool
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                        Rick,please explain why the drill is a bad idea. Thanks tool

first of all the 5/8'' cable is probably too large to chuck up in most drills.

the drill will not have a fast way to stop it. there is no real feel. since he has a k-60, he can easily treat it like it was his cable and drain.

the object is not to break the cable, but to remove it. the k-50 or 60 is the proper tool for the job.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Are You concerned About getting paid for this project? It looks like a lose lose for the poor homeowner! Good luck Tool
                          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

No concern about getting paid for the job as the owner is of this rental is a good guy (I have had a few dealings with him in the past)...

I'll put the K60 on it this morning.

Fingers crossed

Okie

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                              first of all the 5/8'' cable is probably too large to chuck up in most drills.

the drill will not have a fast way to stop it. there is no real feel. since he has a k-60, he can easily treat it like it was his cable and drain.

the object is not to break the cable, but to remove it. the k-50 or 60 is the proper tool for the job.

rick.
                              i got to thinking about it last night if the other guy didnt connect his cable properly it might not be stuck to bad. good luck
                              Mike
                              Clark County Plumbing And Drain
                              www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

Working...
                              X