Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Worms in Toilet???

JC,

do you think maybe an industrial type cleaner would do it.

i mean the really stronge stuff. or is there too much of a risk damaging the sewer pipe?

just wondering.

Comment

Hello Vince. The cleaning & worm euthanasia isn't the issue. We were wondering where they came from in the first place. Municipal water system with a certain amount of Chlorine present in the water also. And this toilet IS used at least once a day.

J.C.

Comment

I would wait for pics so we can identify the member of phylum Anelidia we are dealing with

Okie

Comment

JC, hath the worm turned?
          "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Well, I think an exterminator should be called to find out what kind of worms he has based upon a description. They should be able to say what kind they are, what type of environment they breed in, and how to get rid of them.

Then you can surpass the toilet to do what the exterminator said was needed to fix the problem.

You could call the exterminator yourself, but you need to get a good description first.

Hope that is helpful, Caryn

Edited to say; oops, I did not notice this thread was created over a week ago. My input may have been good then. How did it turn out?
            Last edited by fixitmom5x; 10-27-2008, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Hello! I came across this thread doing an internet search. I have a house (mobile home actually) that has been on the market and empty for a few months. I went there today to check on the house, haven't been there in a couple of weeks, and when I went into the bathroom there were worms in the toilet! Not little black worms or little white worm but earth worm type worms! IN the bottom of the toilet bowl! And yes, they were moving! I got so creeped out that I flushed the toilet and hailed a** out of there! The home is in a mobile home park and I believe it has sewer but has pump houses that pump the waste up to the street where the sewer is. I'm assuming by your reaction of the original posters customer that this is not a common thing! But have you heard of it in a vacant home?! I just want to know what to do next, call a plumber, exterminator...what?! Please help me! I'm supposed to be having an open house next weekend! Thank you!

Comment

Never got to the bottom of my customers problem either Jen. It's not normal. I don't know what to tell you to do except keep flushing. You could put some industrial cleaner or bleach in there but that can have adverse effects on septic systems.

The property sitting probably helped them get established.

Keep flushing.

J.C.

Comment

Thanks JC. I have PVC pipes so I don't want to hurt them but I could care less about the septic system, it's community! lol! Maybe I'll get some draino, the kind safe for PVC pipes. It was really gross and I hope none of you have to come across it! Thanks!

Comment

The PVC is not the issue. Anaerobic bacteria in septic systems can be harmed by high concentrations of say-bleach.

But if it's on the municipal sewer bleach may be fine and won't harm your PVC piping.

I spoke to my customer recently and their's has apparrently "went away".

J.C.

Comment

Bleach it is! Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                      X