Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faucet Repair

Hey guys,

Can you recommend a single resource (website, catalog, book) that takes the work out of identifying replacement parts for faucets. We have the latest Trade Service book and that helps some, but running down parts for old faucets is a real pain in the ***

Thanks,
    spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Re: Faucet Repair

Try faucet direct.com. They Delta, Kohler, Price Phister, American Standard, most all well known brands.
    I buy alot of Delta parts there.

Comment

Your best resource is your local plumbing store. ( Not HD!). The counter guy has probabaly seen any brand or model which was used in your area.

Most of the major brands are so-so on the websites about parts diagrams for older models. PP, Delta, and Moen all have some help. Kohler is much more difficult unless you know the model # of the faucet.

Many brands are gone.....Valley, Mixet, etc. So unless you can find an old company parts book, then you have to rely on parts dealers.

There are a few websites that sell a lot of parts. I don't want to name names because I don't know it they like that on this forum. Let google be your friend.

Comment

I would say an "old timer" at a supply house,

Here in Rochester we have a local supply house that has had the same owner for 50 years, sure his prices are 15% higher but this guy can tell you what anything is,

I think its time for all of us to start to "become local" again,

Does anyone remember the days of the local hardware store, go on down to your local plumbing supply house and ask to speak to the "old guy" he will identify that faucet for ya

God Bless

Comment

I use this companies catalogs to help with parts identification.

http://www.arpny.com/

Comment

I use the Sexauer book. It has diagrams of faucets and how they are put together, the amount of valves and parts in that book is astounding.

Here is a link.
            http://www.jasmro.com/TopTabs/wwCatRequest.asp

I also have ordered from them many times.
            Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by spodelee View Post
              Hey guys,

Can you recommend a single resource (website, catalog, book) that takes the work out of identifying replacement parts for faucets. We have the latest Trade Service book and that helps some, but running down parts for old faucets is a real pain in the ***

Thanks,
              Go here, download their PDF file for faucet repair and faucet stems, and save it, the files are large, give them time to load. This company will not sell to you, so if none of the local supply houses deal with them you may have a problem, unless one of them will start dealing with them. This company makes parts for almost every faucet ever sold in this country.

Comment

Working...
              X