X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whirlpool pos with Flamelock?

Well I lost another thermo coup. on this piece of junk. Went to Lowes today to buy another and was told they do not carry parts for their water heaters. Funny thing is I bought all four replacements from Lowes, and now they tell me the do not sell them.

Should I try to find a replacement thermo coup or should I just buy a quality H2O heater from the plumbing supply house I use.

Re: Whirlpool pos with Flamelock?

There is a class action lawsuit on these w/h's, Whirlpool will send
    replacement parts, but that takes time. Lowe's knows there is a problem, Whirlpool knows there is a problem, but they aren't pulling them, they just keep selling them. Best fix is replacing with a good water heater.
    The Other Rick

Comment

For heaters with the high-limit switch built into the thermocoupler, Lowe's has about 3 or 4 different conversion kits which they will give you for free if you take in the heater information. They have the whole conversion kits which moves the high-limit switch onto the cover. Problem solved, plus you don't have to wait for Whirlpool to ship you one.
      Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

the original design was a 1 time high limit with a left hand thread. this is the same one as the american appliance unit.

as has already been mentioned the new design/ retrofit move the resettable high limit to the outside by the door assembly.

the issue was more with the air intake getting plugged with lint and the flame not burning properly. this caused the built in high limit in the thermocouple to open.

clean all the air vents on the fvir heater

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

It is almost impossible to clean the air vents. I have done extensive research on this heater and have found that many people are still having problems with the conversion kits. AM water heater claims that the vents need to be cleaned every three months and I feel it is alot easier to just purchase a reliable H2o heater instead of wasting time trying to clean those impossible to clean vents.

Comment

Originally posted by rmurf69 View Post
            It is almost impossible to clean the air vents. I have done extensive research on this heater and have found that many people are still having problems with the conversion kits. AM water heater claims that the vents need to be cleaned every three months and I feel it is alot easier to just purchase a reliable H2o heater instead of wasting time trying to clean those impossible to clean vents.

unfortunately, all fvir heaters, have similar air vents, screens and they all need to be clean.

biggest issue is around laundry rooms/ dryers.

keep in mind that the flammable vapor ignition resistant (fvir) heaters allow vapors in and not allow flames out. this means the screen is super fine.

try the conversion kit and you'll be fine.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
            X