X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: tool bag or tool box?

I used to like tool boxes, But now I am kinda getting into using tool bags, BUT nothing holds up like a good toolbox
    Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
    New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

i use a bucket

i put the tools that i will be using and then they go back into my big tool box in the truck
      then if i need a bucket quick the tools get dumped and i have my bucket

i hate bringing in more tools then i need ,i im doing duct work thats the tools i bring in ,if im soldering thats what i bring in . i have way to many tools to have small tool boxes for each type of job

i see others bringing in way to much
      Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
      http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
      http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

I just bought an electrician's shoulder bag/pouch. I will carry the basic diagnostic stuff and a couple of specialty wrenches in it. Then my main arsenal will stay in the van, in the big tool bag.

Comment

Originally posted by JTROANOKE View Post
          How is the Fat Max holding up for you? I was eyeballing one at the borg the other day, loved the concept, but wasn't so sure about the durability. Looked like it would hold a lot of stuff in an easily portable fashion. The display didn't seem to operate smoothly and felt easily broken, but it may have been on display for a couple of years and yanked around by people who didn't know how to open it. Has it worked well for you?

The fatmax that I have is working great! The best part about it, it has the rubber seal that keeps moisture out. I've left it in the back of my truck overnight in a downpour and the next morning my tools are dry as can be. It's working so far. We'll have to see next summer (if it lasts that long) if the rubber seal will hold up to the Texas Heat.
          Gus
          M40607

Comment

Tonight I bought a new bucket...I bought it at a Tractor Supply Shop. It's a bucket that you feed horses with. About the same size as a 5 gallon bucket but wider and heavier duty. It's made out of this really thick rubber with a metal handle. I think you're supposed to hang it in the corner and the horses eat out of it. It says it won't break, crack or loose it's shape. We'll see. It was $14.99. I'm going to take it tomorrow and see how it does. Like others have said, I like using my tool boxes but I leave them on the truck and only take the tools in the house that I will need at that time.

Found the link to the bucket, it's called a corner bucket. http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/...g=true&cFlag=1
            Last edited by gigemaggs99; 11-14-2008, 12:00 AM. Reason: found link
            Gus
            M40607

Comment

Bucket and bucket organizer here... works for me.
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
                these are what i'm using right now.

i come across alot of old computer bags. they work really good. dries out easy.

the little bag has my little wrenches, drill bits, allen keys. it's an old poloroid camera case.

my solder kit used to be a thermos kit. everything i need fits in there real nice. i put this in my back pack.

my back pack, like the computer bag has alot of pockets to put things. i like it because i can just put my tools on my back. makes the long walk down the hallway a little easier.

they also don't look like an expensive box of tools. hint hint.

Vince

Hey Do you have kids cause i see you keep your drill bits in that blue container.....I bought my son one of those the other night but his has bubbles in it!!! Haha

Comment

All of the above. Buckets,bags,boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by stokefire7 View Post
                    All of the above. Buckets,bags,boxes.
                    Same.

Bucket with boss in the rough.
                    Canvas bag packed with specialty tools behind passenger's seat.
                    Canvas "Go Bag" for service behind driver's seat.
                    Bucket with heavies(Large wrenches,bars,sledges etc.) ready to throw on the back of the truck when needed.

Comment

I have had everything from tool buckets to steel hip roof boxes. Right now I am using a Veto bag that I like pretty well, especially the PVC water proof bottom of the bag. I am kinda militant about my tools & organization so this bag works well for me.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
                      Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

I use a Veto also but the enclosed version I posted awhile back. I keep a good amount of handtools in it to walk in once. Less likely to 'cause dirty floors.

It's held up great for about a year now. I like the shoulder strap the best.

J.C.

Comment

Gigemags99: The trough bucket works great... The other nice thing about it is you can deform it's shape to get it into tuff spots like when you need to drain a clogged sink but the trap is to low for your normal bucket...I have been using the same one for over a year now and it looks as good as the day I bought it

I'm thinking of getting one of these bags to try out.... Looks like a Hybrid bag / bucket ( just saw this brand has already been mentioned)

http://www.vetopropac.com/

Okie
                          Last edited by OkieBill; 11-16-2008, 06:30 PM. Reason: See what I get for not reading the whole thread...

Comment

I use the Veto Pro Pac LC model. The only negatives I've found on the line is they are not cheap and they are not lightweight.

I saw a Stanley knockoff recently that I would not purchase if choosing between the two. Much cheaper quality all the way around.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonG View Post
                              Hey Do you have kids cause i see you keep your drill bits in that blue container.....I bought my son one of those the other night but his has bubbles in it!!! Haha
                              i have 4 beautiful children. 3 boys and a girl.

i found that container and i wasn't sure if it was for candy or not. it fit my needs and it was free.

very observant brandon.

Vince

i like to make bubbles in the tub

Comment

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
                                i have 4 beautiful children. 3 boys and a girl.

i found that container and i wasn't sure if it was for candy or not. it fit my needs and it was free.

very observant brandon.

Vince

i like to make bubbles in the tub
                                Vince, we're similar. I am always looking for a way to reuse things practically. I have many screws, nails, spare parts, in old containers that something else came in.

I also wear used clothes to work but that's another story.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                                X