X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tub/shower surround material.

I have a tub I am tearing out. Surrounding the tub on the wall is a material that I have only seen on resturaunt kitchen walls. It goes to the ceiling, with a window in the middle. I want to use the same material, mainly because it seems to work well around the window. Any ideas of a factory name for this material? Thanks.

Re: Tub/shower surround material.

We had the same material you seem to be talking about in the apartments that I work at. We could not replace them. We ended up re-tiling all of the units. Our were put in 12 years ago.
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Sounds like you are asking about FRP (Fibre Reinforced Plastic)

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
        Sounds like you are asking about FRP (Fibre Reinforced Plastic)
        I found some vendors. Looks like they deal in commercial accounts. Thanks for the info, I will search local shops for the material.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
          I found some vendors. Looks like they deal in commercial accounts. Thanks for the info, I will search local shops for the material.
          They carry it at Lowe's along with the corner molding and trim.
          The Other Rick

Comment

Fire
            Resistant
            Paneling

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
              Fire
              Resistant
              Paneling
              my truck body is frp

fiberglass reinforced plywood

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

just some thoughts.

churchill manitoba housing authority (social/public housing) gets the contractor to replace the tub surround with a heavy duty floor covering. it's one continuous sheet and there are corner pieces (1/4 round) to make the 90 degree corners smooth.
                very durable

also, i don't know if any of you guys clean the shower, consider this before buying for yourself or your customers;

#1- the person that invented glass doors for showers/bathtubs should be taken out and shot if they aren't already dead.
                it's much easier to wash the curtain in the washing machine

#2- the more shelves/nookes and crannies there is on the tub surround, the more the person cleaning it is going to swear.
                first you have to remove all the hair care stuff, clean, then put everything back, also the longer it takes you to clean the tub surround, the longer your breathing in the fumes from the cleaner

#3- installing a telephone shower head with an adjustable pulse setting( trust me on this one husbands)makes cleaning the tub/shower easier.
                makes for easy rinsing

#4- ever install a second or third shower head?
                -second one if space allows so you can shower with your partner eh
                -or you can tee off the shower goose kneck and run a line down to about butt level. install one of those 1/4 turn ball valve to isolate when not in use.
                i don't know about you but with a high shower head, i seriously don't like parting my cheeks quite that wide to rinse soap off.

Vince

Comment

Working...
                X