X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended

Can you recommended a replacement faucet, spout & fill/shower valve. The backside of the wall is sheetrock. The plan is to open up the wall and replace assembly without disturbing tile. Valves are 8" center to center. I beleive it is an Amercian Standard but not sure.

Thanks,
    Attached Files
    spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Re: Recommended

Looks like American Standard Heritage? Series. Rick will know

These are very common around here. I would do a complete rebuild of the faucet using 2 hot Aquaseal stems, diverter, seats and cross handles. Those lever style handles are boring. New tub spout and showerhead and your out of there in under an hour.

Comment

Gerber makes a 3 handle valve that should fit. Hot, cold then temp adjustment. If I remember about $250.

Comment

single handle moen posi temp with a goof plate, i can usually get one done in just over an hour its a little more work but its the best thing for the customer 3 handle valves arent very good
        Mike
        Clark County Plumbing And Drain
        www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

out here we are required to use a pressure or temperaure / anti- scald valve for a shower.

nothing wrong with rebuilding that a/s valve. aqua seals have been known to last 20 years without a rebuild.

heritage looks correct. thanks p.c.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

The customer seems to think the valve body requires replacement because he has "rebuilt" them more than once and has had limited success. Who knows what rebuilt means. I guess I should have disassembled to inspect the seat(s) for damage. I was on the job for a different reason and thought I would research first before digging-in too deep.

Have any of you had an occasion where replacement of stems and seats (or dressing of seats) wasn't enough? Or, how about not being able to remove the seats and destroying the seat and valve body in the process? I am trying to get a feel for the risk factor when working on a 45 year faucet. My preference on something that old is usually to replace it.
            Last edited by spodelee; 10-28-2008, 01:08 AM.
            spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

the problem i have had with rebuilding them is if it leaks 2 months down the road then you own it, so now im real clear with the customer that i would recommend replacing but i will rebuild it if you like. but i cant warranty it do to its age
              Mike
              Clark County Plumbing And Drain
              www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

Working...
              X