Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fluidmaster encounter

talk about another small world.

had a call this afternoon for a running toilet. new referral in the neighborhood.

go out there to find a kohler wellworth 1.6 with a gummy flapper that is sticking to the flushvalve.

grab a new flapper and adjust it along with the fluidmaster ballcock.

the homeowner tells me about here cousin who invented a part for toilets many years ago. after playing 1 guess she confirms it with her mother.

he cousin was the engineer who invented the fluidmaster ballcock

needless to say what i small world we live in.

as a professional courtesy, i billed her $37.00 for the kohler flapper and adjustment of her cousins masterpiece

all in a days work.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Re: Fluidmaster encounter

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    talk about another small world.

had a call this afternoon for a running toilet. new referral in the neighborhood.

go out there to find a kohler wellworth 1.6 with a gummy flapper that is sticking to the flushvalve.

grab a new flapper and adjust it along with the fluidmaster ballcock.

the homeowner tells me about here cousin who invented a part for toilets many years ago. after playing 1 guess she confirms it with her mother.

he cousin was the engineer who invented the fluidmaster ballcock

needless to say what i small world we live in.

as a professional courtesy, i billed her $37.00 for the kohler flapper and adjustment of her cousins masterpiece

all in a days work.

rick.
    Yep, and I bet when the a/c man comes her cousin invented the condensing coil and when the computer man comes, her cousin invented the internet...hey, is her last name Gore???
    "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Re: Fluidmaster encounter

But, on a serious note, just to continue the spirit of this thread, this afternoon I was attending to some gas logs for a regular customer when we started talking politics. I mentioned that I was reminded this a.m. that John Mc. was on the aircraft carrier Enterprise that was on alert in the caribbean during the Cuban missile crisis.
      She smiled and nodded and related to me that her husband, who has since passed away, was the first pilot to fly recon over cuba at only 500 ft to identify the missile sites. Wow. History right before me.
      "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
      X