Wood boilers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wood boilers

Typically, Fergusons would not let me buy, but for about 12K, I guess they changed their mind. Anyways, seeing an upcoming purchase of about 50K, I thought I might look into a few other options.
    Last edited by Devine Plumbing; 11-02-2008, 06:41 PM.
    Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Originally posted by duckbutter View Post
      i think you'll be seeing things from a whole new perspective in coming months with your newest business pursuit.

Thanks Duck

Comment

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
        I assembled over 300 side arm heat exchangers for heating domestic water this week alone. That is about $12,000 worth of copper and fittings alone. I have 4 of my guys soldering, cutting, cleaning, fluxing, etc. 8 hours a day. Do I need to be a licensed plumber to assemble parts for use in the heating industry. Now the guy wants 20,000 feet of 4" corrugated tubing, with two 1" insulated pex lines inside, meant to be buried underground for use with the outdoor wood furnaces. Just thought their might be a cheaper alternative to Fergusons.
        Holy crap...I think you found a niche..a lucrative AND legal one at that.

Comment

Yes, I think I will contact Uphonor directly as they are looking to use the PEX-a. Plus it is rated for higher temperatures. Unfortunately, it will all be over soon as winter hits and people forget about installing outdoor wood stoves. Just a quick question? Do companies that install water softening and filtration equipment have to be licensed as they are making connections into the main water supply system? Am I just going crazy?
          Last edited by Devine Plumbing; 11-02-2008, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
            Yes, I think I will contact Uphonor directly as they are looking to use the PEX-a. Plus it is rated for higher temperatures. Unfortunately, it will all be over soon as winter hits and people forget about installing outdoor wood stoves. Just a quick question? Do companies that install water softening and filtration equipment have to be licensed as they are making connections into the main water supply system? Am I just going crazy?
            That is a good question.I'll have to ask my buddy,he just started selling and installing for himself.I don't think he's licensed,matter of fact I know.

Comment

They should be but they're not required in my area.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Well guys looks like I will be putting these in now. First stop, Cleveland, then somewhere in CT, then back to the upper peninsula of Michigan, then to somewhere in Wisconsin.

Comment

we had one of these outdoor wood boilers they are a ton of work-forever cutting wood-but we loved it-doesn't pay to have to buy the wood though...may as well buy oil or gas -WAY EASIER

Comment

I looked into buying one a couple years ago, cost $5000.00 and weighed around 4000 lbs. Firebox was over 8 cu. ft., which is almost three times the size of a large wood burning stove. Bottom line, you need a lot of wood to equal the btu's of oil.

Comment

we install these actually, closer to 10k in price. The Heatsource brand is the one we work with.

My boss and one of our backhoe operators both have them at their houses. They fill the firebox and it lasts around 24 hours unless it's just at an extreme low for us. the backhoe guy actually burns wood all year round to heat his potable water with the sidearm accessory.
                      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
                        we install these actually, closer to 10k in price. The Heatsource brand is the one we work with.

My boss and one of our backhoe operators both have them at their houses. They fill the firebox and it lasts around 24 hours unless it's just at an extreme low for us. the backhoe guy actually burns wood all year round to heat his potable water with the sidearm accessory.
                        How many cords ?

Comment

apparently 6-7 cords.
                          No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

That's not bad for all year.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post

I just installed one for someone.

A friend has one heating two one story houses beside each other. About 1200 to 1400 sq. ft. each. Fills about once a day also. Pretty good water storage volume though. Not sure of the tanks gallons.

Have to figure how much you save vs. how much you work with the wood.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X