Wood boilers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood boilers

Just a question about ideas for the best places to get a lot of material. I have been making quite a bit of material for the wood boiler industry and need to find the best place to purchase copper pipe, fittings, and PEX pipe. Currently I am in need of about 600' of 1 1/2" L copper, 1000' of 3/4" L copper, (600) 1 1/2" x 1" copper tees and (600) 1 1/2" x 3/4" fitting reducers. Also could use about 40,000' of 1" PEX, along with a few other things? Any ideas other than Fergusons?
    Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Re: Wood boilers

Oh yes, call your local inspector...he'll know the answer.

Comment

check out pex supply online
      http://www.pexsupply.com/
      they have some good prices on pex and copper pipe and fittings and free shipping on orders over $300
      ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Comment

I didnt know you needed to be a licensed contractor to supply an industry with parts and pieces. What am I missing here? Furthermore, Im not aware that our local codes govern the installation of these wood fired boilers because: A) They are a freestanding outdoor unit. B) Theres no gas piping involved.

The guy asks a simple goddamn question that doesnt pertain to installing anything and everyone has to jump on the no licensing bandwagon.

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Ruudacguy View Post
            I didnt know you needed to be a licensed contractor to supply an industry with parts and pieces. What am I missing here? Furthermore, Im not aware that our local codes govern the installation of these wood fired boilers because: A) They are a freestanding outdoor unit. B) Theres no gas piping involved.

The guy asks a simple goddamn question that doesnt pertain to installing anything and everyone has to jump on the no licensing bandwagon.

Andy
            "You can put lipstick on a Pig"

Way more than just a THREE TIER thought

Comment

Originally posted by Ruudacguy View Post

Andy
              I was the only one that said anything.

You feel he's only asking innocent questions?

He said nothing about this being outside, I'd like to see that happen in MI...a boiler with hydronic lines installed externally.

Step off the pedastil, this isn't a faucet washer or a clogged drain.

We all know work is slowing down, hacks are going to start coming out of the wood work.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                "You can put lipstick on a Pig"

Way more than just a THREE TIER thought
                I think you'll be seeing things from a whole new perspective in coming months with your newest business pursuit.

Comment

I didn't know that wood boiled!
                  Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Tons of outside boilers here in Mi. It's a great set up. no fire inside. no bringing wood in the house. no mess. all that stuff. Guys trench the lines in then line with foam or spray foam in the trench. One company is running 2 pieces of pex in a corrogated tile then filling it with foam. It is expensive. It's the only way I would consider burning wood for heat. Less work and safer in my humble opinion.

I think you put a radiator in the forced air furnace for a retro fit.

Comment

I'm trying to figure out how you would need 40,000 feet of one inch PEX and not be planning the installation of a hydronic heating system, I'm sure there is some rule governing that

The material list sounds like a homemade water heating hydronic rig.

Of course anything can be said but based on past experience I will assume that this is just another attempt by the poster to kick a hornets nest of bad feelings, at worst it is a thinly veiled attempt to gain information that will be used in the comission of an unlawful act that could place people and property in danger...

But I will refrain from saying anything in poor taste and will stick to my origional post of...

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                        I didn't know that wood boiled!
                        if its wood from a riverbirch tree it does
                        Mike
                        Clark County Plumbing And Drain
                        www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

me thinks its a home made still

Comment

I assembled over 300 side arm heat exchangers for heating domestic water this week alone. That is about $12,000 worth of copper and fittings alone. I have 4 of my guys soldering, cutting, cleaning, fluxing, etc. 8 hours a day. Do I need to be a licensed plumber to assemble parts for use in the heating industry. Now the guy wants 20,000 feet of 4" corrugated tubing, with two 1" insulated pex lines inside, meant to be buried underground for use with the outdoor wood furnaces. Just thought their might be a cheaper alternative to Fergusons.
                            Last edited by Devine Plumbing; 11-02-2008, 05:20 PM.
                            Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

I don't know how your area is, but a lot of suppliers will give you a better deal the more stuff you buy. Some also give you breaks depending on how long you have been buying from them. Fergusons is rather expensive on most of their items in my area.

Of course, anyone that has doing this for any length of time should have learned the above info a long time ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X