X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19" ADA toilet

I have a customer with an existing 19"( Hight to seat) toilet and would like it replaced. Does anyone still manufacture 19" toilets? All I can find are 17"(16-1/2") toilets(two pc. floor mounted, floor outlet).
    Mike

Re: 19" ADA toilet

Kohler "Wellworth series" or American Standard "Champion Series"

Okie

Comment

If you are talking about the bowl height, 19" would violate ADA specs, which require a top-of-seat height to be between 17" min 19" MAX. This is why all the bowls are built at approx. 17".

Comment

lovetheUSA
        See the"19"( Hight to seat)" in my original post. I'm aware of ADA spec's. My guess on the manufacturers meeting the minimum hight required is that the all wanted to save a buck!
        OkieBill
        I've looked at Toto, Kohler, Eljer, etc. No luck so far.
        Thanks for the replies.
        Mike

Comment

my point was that 17" bowl height gives you just about 19" height to seat, + or -. Are you looking for something right on the upper end?

Comment

myakka

Is the customer wanting it because of disability or is this a TALL person wanting to sit up higher than normal? For disabled people a good medical supply house should have raiser type seats. You end up sitting about 4" higher than on a standard seat. This would be far less work and costly than installing a new toilet and it's easy to put it back later by removing the special seat and installing a regular one.

In addition many of the riser seats come as a kit with grab rails too. This really helps disabled or elderly people get on and off.

Comment

Working...
            X