X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMax overfill problem

I have a TOTO GMax flushing system about 4 years old, flushes great. However I have noticed that it never shuts off after filling the tank, it slows but never completely shuts off, I shutter to think how many galllons have gone down the overflow tube. How do I adjust it so that stops filling at the full mark?

Fastco05

Re: GMax overfill problem

Is this the toilet that has a fill valve that looks like or is the "Korky Quiet Fill"?

Comment

could it be a water pressure issue?

Comment

replace it with a fluid master and your all set
        Mike
        Clark County Plumbing And Drain
        www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

What's wrong with a Korky? They have just started to be carried by Lowe's in Canada recently ....I've never seen them before (have always used FluidMaster). Any comments on Korky ?

Comment

for the price you cant beat the proven fluidmaster
            Mike

Comment

the Fluid Master that was around 30 years ago was a piece of junk, today's Fluid Master is a gem. You have to be careful though, on some Toto toilets the Fluid Master will impede the movement of the toilet handle and will cause it to hang up. I saw a stoppage that continued to run on creating quite a mess. A Fluid Master should not be considered a fix all for every toilet.

Comment

the korky and the hunter are the same.

hunter was the original for the toto.

personally, i don't care for the hunter/ korky design. to stop the water from filling you need to remove the top cap that snaps off. this is not a quick thing while the toilet is starting to overflow.

even changing the top cap assembly is no guarantee that the ballcock will shut off.

if a new hunter cap won't fix it, replace it with a fluidmaster 400 pro with brass shank.

the fluidmaster is an oem for american standard and kohler. along with others.

plus the fluidmaster is less expensive and parts are available everywhere. the korky/ hunter is harder to find parts for.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by rookie plumber View Post
                  the Fluid Master that was around 30 years ago was a piece of junk, today's Fluid Master is a gem. You have to be careful though, on some Toto toilets the Fluid Master will impede the movement of the toilet handle and will cause it to hang up. I saw a stoppage that continued to run on creating quite a mess. A Fluid Master should not be considered a fix all for every toilet.
                  you have to lower the fluidmaster 2 rings and it fits under the trip lever of the toto's, i dont like those korky's or the toto fill valves that little clip always gets brittle and snaps off
                  Mike

Comment

I prefer the Korkys and the Hunters that preceded them. If I have a problem with one, I swap it out. I put in quite a few, have only swapped out a couple.

But I do believe that the G-Max is a different animal, specially set to refill the bowl on the Toto. Using a plain Korky will cause an underfill.

Comment

If the G-Max valve is not shutting off, just pop a new assembly cap on it.
                      They are about $2.50 at Lowes.
                      Even a homeowner can replace the part without tools in less then a minute.

It makes more sense then replacing the whole fill valve.
                      Plus, the G-Max doesn't hammer away like the Fluidmaster.
                      Fluidmaster is okay I guess if you want to hack something in that hammers. Bang those pipes, let the homeowner know that there are pipes in the walls.
                      Attached Files
                      Obama the Plumber

Comment

Working...
                      X