• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flapperless wc

any of you guys ever see these?

http://www.completewater.ca/flapperlesstoilet.htm

Vince

Re: flapperless wc

nope....looks a little interesting though... 'tipping bucket technology'... might be ok, even good if it's not a complete piece of junk that breaks all the time.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Ya know I kinda think a design like the modern toilet is a well proven design that has stood the test of time and functions well with minimal maintenance considering its function ( kinda like a sharK...)

I would have to ask the company that is making this device what the benefit of there reinvention of the mousetrap is other than " We have done it our way and created or own spare parts market to boot"

IF it comes with one of those fancy Bidet toilet seats that I'm hearing so much about than I might consider a toilet without a flapper

Okie

Comment

up here we need the full flush.

the water saver wc's freeze sewer services up here.

the kids in one of the elementary schools put bags of water in the wc tanks. 1 week later, 6" line X 150' froze up solid.

i completely agree with you okie, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

anyother water saving device works here, just not the crapper.

Vince

Comment

the niagra is not super common here, but is around enough to have seen my fair share.

the city at one time time was giving them away as a low flow replacement.

i have seen the nylon bolts that hinge the tank wear. the ballcock is a modified fluidmaster.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

The Niagara also uses a hokey tank to bowl hookup which can make it be a 10" or 12" rough.

Comment

Ive installed one and had to rip it out due to poor quality. the porcelean had a pinhole in it and leaked. I was glad though because i took it as a sign from the plumbing gods that this system was a piece of %^##. plus the water splashed out of the tank when I dumped it. very cheesy set up.

Comment

Cheapo Depot sell them here. Possibly the ugliest toilet ever made. Works ok but its a bit noisy.
                sigpic

Comment

Is it flapperless as a delta faucet is supposed to be washerless? You know american standards didn't have flappers for while either (they had actuators), but that didn't last and they have gone back.

Comment

yes I'll take a flapper over those junky flush towers anyday.
                    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Had some issues with the toilet handle breaking, it was a new toilet only a couple of weeks old, getting repair parts was turning into a nightmare so the customer told us to junk it and we put in a brand new toilet

Comment

First time I saw one I said HUH what is this. They are a HD special. They suck. HO asked me what I thought about em, told her to go get Kohler toilets and that I would probably be back one day to install different toilets.

Comment

Had some issues with the toilet handle breaking, it was a new toilet only a couple of weeks old, getting repair parts was turning into a nightmare so the customer told us to junk it and we put in a brand new toilet
                          I hear you on that one.
                          Flimsy handles, and who has them? A ***** to replace too.
                          Obama the Plumber

Comment

Working...
                          X