Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Buried in paperwork!

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
    I'm positive that at least one member is going to take a jab at me for this.

From mid October through now, not ONE reciept, check or figure has been added.

All I have is a rough idea that it has been a very lucrative month...the reciepts and contracts are heaped in a drawer.
    I did the same thing...and now I regret it. I am about halfway through the data entry, but I lost my mind and gave up today. I learned my lesson, I am not going to let it happen again! (hopefully)
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
      What kind of software should I get? I use quickbooks currently on my home computer, should I use something else too when I get a laptop? Also what laptop portable printer do you guys use?
      Simply use the Quickbooks program you already have and install on your new laptop. You can save your files from your desktop to portable file and then transfer them to your laptop. I bought a laptop too, but not a printer yet.

Comment

i use a toshiba laptop with a h.p. 1300 printer works well, you dont know if your making money unless you know where your money is going you gotta stay up on it
        Mike
        Clark County Plumbing And Drain
        www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

One thing I learned about dealing with paperwork (which I absolutly hate) is that you must have a schedule and stick with it. If you say every morning before I go out on any calls, I will do the paperwork from the day prior, then that's what you do. Otherwise you'll just get bogged down and catching up doesn't happen. I personally do all my paperwork when I get home before I eat, take off my boots or anything else. Find what you can live with.

Out of curiosity, did your wife know about her new job as your secretary or was she hired without her knowledge?

I use my invoices and estimates deluxe, cost about 40.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I use the Itronix GoBook III rugged computer. You need rugged if you are going to take it in the truck with you. Grabbed a Canon BJC-70 printer with battery off Ebay. Computer and printer just over $500.

I backup to a thumb drive on a regular basis just in case of failure

Still looking for reliable software.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
              I did the same thing...and now I regret it. I am about halfway through the data entry, but I lost my mind and gave up today. I learned my lesson, I am not going to let it happen again! (hopefully)
              It has happened before, I actually think it's easier to do it all in bulk as opposed to once a day.
              Once I get a few days done I get a flow going.

I currently store records on a zip drive..I'd turn a lap top into tinsel if I kept one on my truck.

Comment

Working...
              X