ridgid 2500 pipe freezer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid 2500 pipe freezer

ridgid 2500 pipe freezer who has one? And any tips? Worth owning or sits in the shop?
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: ridgid 2500 pipe freezer

have 2- 2500's and a 2000.

this with a propress is like peanut butter and jelly

it sits in the shop until i need it as it's a delicate piece of equipment and should not be rattled all day long in the truck.

i've owned the 2000 since they came out more than 10 years ago.

the 2000 has been replaced by the larger 2500 model.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I set up a pinch off tool upstream of freeze plug, scared to death of losing a plug.

Comment

after you freeze the pipe and before you cut the pipe i run in a sheet metal screw and remove to make sure its froze then cut pipe

Comment

iactualll have a hose clamp and rubber patch with a 1/8'' hole from my drill.

only had a few times that it wasn't frozen and then i clamped it, froze it and continued.

never had a freeze blow.

propress is the safest, fastest, way to freeze and connect.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Have the 2500. Used it twice, wish I had returned it for the use it gets. Jet swett's do the same thing with a lot less hassle and expense.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              Have the 2500. Used it twice, wish I had returned it for the use it gets. Jet swett's do the same thing with a lot less hassle and expense.
              2 totally different tools and applications.

pipe freezing allows you do do work without shutting off the water and a jet sweet allows you to stop the dripping water after you've shut and drained the system.

get a propress and you won't need a jet sweet.

pipe freezing is a very specialty market with high risk and high rewards.

just like pipe thawing, it's not for everyone.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

If you can believe this....I've gotten by all these years without using jet swets, and when I did buy some, I bought an entire set, turned back around and sold the rest back to ebay on a sell, except the 1/2 and 3/4" ones.

It randomly shows up every now and then, one is falling apart and the other is intact, the 3/4" one.

I've figured out about every possible way to get a joint to close up in my years of dealing with residential service plumbing.

I am however, not special.
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
                X