Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Style Fill Valve

I saw this at Home Depot tonight.

It's made by Fluidmaster and the internals are identical, same fill valve seal.

The shank is like a korky, except the clip is made into the side and you have to pull on it to set the height.

There is two barbed ports, one for the overflow tube and the other is for a contraption that is extendable and has holes in the tubing that lays across the bottom of the tank. This allows for no sediment to lay in the bottom of the tank, supposedly.

Up top, there's some type of adjustable clip that's supposed to not allow the tank to overfill past the overflow tube but that is sketchy at best.

It's eye candy galore and I can see the obvious homeowner buying it just because of its gadgetry along with the words ECO written on the box.

The box is of a heavy cardboard, price is $4 more against the 400A.

What is totally unbelievable? Aside from the rubber washer already installed at the bottom, they now have a nut at the base that is super thin, has two extremely narrow ears that look like sticks they're so small.

Anyway, this tabbed piece isn't made with machined edges like the 400A to grip, it's round and it's a two part component that has like a basket strainer piece that connects to this spinning eared piece and tightens the fill valve in.

Unreal how thin it is, cannot believe that they didn't make it thicker. That anchoring assembly looks like something that will be easily changed, soon.

Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Re: New Style Fill Valve

are you sure it's made by fluidmaster?

i thought it was designed by a plumber and the real point was to stir up the tank silt.

i'll stick with the 400 pro with brass shank.

i actually did some marketing research on them a year before they hit the market.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I use only the pro brass 400b series. The best fillvalve!
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Dang!

Is that an actual chunk of brass sticking out the bottom!!!???

Am I to assume that an honest and undeniably beautiful brass tube sticks up all the way into that thing?

How cool and perfect and sadly pointless is that? I've for a while settled on fluidmaster as the perfect cheap and functional fill valve, now you tell me they've got a version where the only vaugely pita piece of it to replace is bomber. I love it! The sad part is that if I like something, let alone love it, it is doomed to failure.
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          are you sure it's made by fluidmaster?

i thought it was designed by a plumber and the real point was to stir up the tank silt.

i'll stick with the 400 pro with brass shank.

i actually did some marketing research on them a year before they hit the market.

rick.

Take another look at the top of the blue one; I completely disassembled one tonight and I could take the seal out of one and put it in another 400A, the assembly twists and locks the same.

In order for that product to be so exact in design would be impossible not to be a division of Fluidmaster solely from the patent infringement issues if it wasn't.

I wish I had a name to search for it on the internet.....I thought it was hydroclean or something.

Comment

try this link for the hydroclean ballcock you mentioned.

although it might use similar parts to the proven fluidmaster. it's not made by fluidmaster.

http://www.gomjsi.com/about.html

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Wow.....that's it.

Are you sure it's not an indirect division of fluidmaster?

I couldn't believe how the innards of that valve were basically the fluidmaster in the seal.

I didn't think you were allowed to do that as a competitor.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                Wow.....that's it.

Are you sure it's not an indirect division of fluidmaster?

I couldn't believe how the innards of that valve were basically the fluidmaster in the seal.

I didn't think you were allowed to do that as a competitor.

Think Chinese knock-off. I also could not find an IAPMO Approval but I didn't spend much time looking.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Mark the hold down nut would freak you out if you saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                    In order for that product to be so exact in design would be impossible not to be a division of Fluidmaster solely from the patent infringement issues if it wasn't.

g.
                    Patents run out. Look at how many brands have copied the Delta seat an spring design/ And these days, the chinese don't care about no stinking patent. Import a million of something and catch me if you can!

I have looked at these and find the construction to be inferior to Fluidmaster. I would not want to be responsible for one inside a tank.

Comment

The overall design looks like a great idea if you ask me no matter who makes it
                      Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
                      New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Working...
                      X