Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tankless!!!! It is the future in water heating!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tankless!!!! It is the future in water heating!!!

I had a Toyotommi (spelling?) K-1 on demand water heater and that thing was the BEST. It lasted over 10yrs with no problems. Then it started to bellow black smoke and rumble like it was about to lift off. We could shower all day long if we wanted. It used a bit over 5gal of K-1 a month with 2 adults and two kids.
    We switched to electric cause we couldn't find anyone to service the thing.

Our power bill jumped up $40-$50 and you had to take quick showers if all were planning to shower.

Then we got a Rinnia(sp?) its alright but has it's problems. Not sure about consumption as dryer and stove are also gas.
    The Rinnia just started acting up 2 days ago, so it's time to find a tech around here for it. I suspect it's going to be a PIA. I pulled the cover off, took one look and put the cover back on. It looks like something that belongs on the space shuttle.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
      I suspect it's going to be a PIA. I pulled the cover off, took one look and put the cover back on. It looks like something that belongs on the space shuttle.

And that's the question any plumber needs to ask themselves in this business:

Am I a pipe and fittings plumber or now a computer module technician/troubleshooter/part finder/1-800 caller-wait 4 days part putter in.

LOL!

I'm looking out for the customer, not myself in these rants. You as installers better not let your customer down when these things malfunction or need service because if you support these things, better have the knowledge base and parts on the truck to give these people the necessary swift service back.

I would be TOTALLY for RUUD bringing back the instantaneous heaters that worked off demand. The ones with huge rolls of copper inside them that were the most efficient back in their day....and there are STILL some in operation as we speak.

That is a product that served its time very well and worked awesome for what it did.

Why on earth stray from a good thing?

Somebody has to have a job, bottom line.

Go lift a 50 gallon Ruud water heater from Home Depot and tell me that steel isn't any thicker than 1/16" of an inch.

Absolutely no way it's an 1/8"......impossible.

The tank is so light, that if it wasn't awkward to lift, I could carry it on my shoulder.
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I had a Toyotommi (spelling?) K-1 on demand water heater and that thing was the BEST. It lasted over 10yrs with no problems. Then it started to bellow black smoke and rumble like it was about to lift off. We could shower all day long if we wanted. It used a bit over 5gal of K-1 a month with 2 adults and two kids.

Our power bill jumped up $40-$50 and you had to take quick showers if all were planning to shower.

Then we got a Rinnia(sp?) its alright but has it's problems. Not sure about consumption as dryer and stove are also gas.
        The Rinnia just started acting up 2 days ago, so it's time to find a tech around here for it. I suspect it's going to be a PIA. I pulled the cover off, took one look and put the cover back on. It looks like something that belongs on the space shuttle.
        No need to find a local tech Gene......

EVERY part inside that Rinnai heater can be replaced by using 2 tools

A Phillips head srewdriver and your brain

You can do it and we can help

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
          No need to find a local tech Gene......

EVERY part inside that Rinnai heater can be replaced by using 2 tools

A Phillips head srewdriver and your brain

You can do it and we can help

What? No hammer and duct tape?
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

What? No hammer and duct tape?
            You forget the bubble gum.
            Kenneth Collier
            Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
            Jackson, MS 39206
            (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
            drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by drainman881999 View Post
              You forget the bubble gum.

Already tried it

Comment

Mark my word. Crap, crap crappity crap...
                sigpic

Comment

I do some work on water heaters for B/W and Rheem so far I have worked on 3 tankless units my 3rd being this week. Why they have to make everything so compact and small is beyond me. They know the stuff will break why not make it a little more mike friendly. All I know is you better have those tiny screw drives and small leads for the volt meter to work on a tankless. Reading glass 's are not opptional.

I'm still not sold on tankless yet. 1st I want a device that tells gas or electric usage at each fixture. Then we would be able to compare

Comment

Working...
                  X