Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you used the Moen 1920 Remodeling Cover Plate?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you used the Moen 1920 Remodeling Cover Plate?

Curious if anyone has an opinion on this cover plate for retrofit of two and three handle tubs to single handle?

Or, do you have another suggestion?

http://www.faucetdirect.com/mediaBas...ons/1920sp.pdf

spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Re: Have you used the Moen 1920 Remodeling Cover Plate?

They work.

Just scribe lines to outline the plate so you can open that wall up to get the new valve in.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

They work very good. I also use them to replace single handle shower valves when I need the extra room. Although now I cut dry wall to replace a valve. I'm done cutting my hands on fiberglass. I've even used a piece of corian in a rental home when I needed a big hole to work in. My buddy Hommer taught me that one.

anyway they work,but the more I talk about them the more I think about shower valves on outside walls and the madder I get And the closer this post will get to a rant!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim
        I've found on some older 3-handle tub valves that the spout is too close to the handles to use that particular plate, unless you relocate either the spout or the valve body. I like to measure everything first and figure out the best way to go if that problem exists. I liked Moen's old plate better. Not as decorative, but less bulky.
        What is your solution if the spout is too close?
        spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

Working...
        X