Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ferguson ProFlo

lol actually it was supplier not sales as the previous title

Once again, I'm not an sales from Ferguson you are leading in the false direction because of my title, which is understandable

Indeed I agree with most your opinions listed

And theres numerous ways to find out which products corresponding to which products in certain brand and the manufacturer if you really looked into the products labels (normally its hidden), another way is to check the certificate of the products and find the sourcer.

Delta is a nice brand with pretty good service and business professionals, we have to admit it. However with the higher cost too

Pro-Flo is a Cheap brand but with probably more reasonable pricing? maybe? Well at least from customers point of view they think it is reasonable.

So just like you said, some people think Delta is expensive but they worth it. And some people think Pro-Flo is cheap but works just fine.

It is the customer's opinions matter, we are serving what our customers want. As a plumber, unless our customer asks for my opinion of brands to choose from, else I wouldn't say a word to suggest or criticize certain brand to avoid the future misunderstanding.

Have fun at work too

Comment

So just like you said, some people think Delta is expensive but they worth it. And some people think Pro-Flo is cheap but works just fine.
      The low-quality Delta faucets that are on teh same level as Proflo....people think that is expensive??? Are you kidding me? The stuff is junk too. I am putting in a $650 kitchen faucet next week, not some piece of junk Delta or Proflo that costs $88.
      Ohh, look at that quality fixture:
      Not quite my niche.
      I have put in a few and replaced plenty of Proflo stuff, and it is junk. Argue all you want about the economics of it. I could care less if the stuff costs $5 or $5000...it is not up to my standards of quality, no matter what it costs.
      The only way way I will be installing the stuff is if my customer's buy it themselves and insist on it. I would heavily recommend they put in something of higher quality before I do though.
      Last edited by Service Guy; 12-05-2008, 06:10 PM.
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Also not a ProFlo recommender.

But I also had to beat a Kohler kitchen sink into submission today.
        Hard to recommend that one either.

Getting to the point where you can't make a "blanket" recommendation for any company. Have to pick and choose what a company makes that is good.

J.C.

Comment

I love Kohler is the best quality American fixture available. Sure, you guys complain they made some junky stuff in the 80s. And the parts can be hard to track, but the stuff is beautiful and quality.

Instead of a cheap Delta or Proflo, I offer the Kohler Forte as my standard ktichen faucet.
          It only costs $111 with my discount and it is much better than a Delta, Moen or anything else for the price.

and you all know it.

Comment

Hmmmm... you might be right in that price range. Are they still made in America? Just wondering.

I've got some "higher end" Kohler shower valves & trim right now that is not made in America.

J.C.

Comment

I don't know where it is manufactured, but the Forte is a great faucet. Solid brass fixture with ceramic disc cartridge. I put one in my MOM's house. I wouldn't put something I didn't trust in my own mother's house.

Comment

Last question. Doesn't that valve also go in other kitchen faucets in their line?

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                  Last question. Doesn't that valve also go in other kitchen faucets in their line?

J.C.
                  Yes, I think the ceramic cartridge is interchangeable with some other of their faucets. Not too sure though. I rarely service Kohler fixtures, since they rarely need it in my experience.

Comment

That is a good faucet if a customer wants it. I put in 1400.00 Newport Brass two weeks ago, big deal! The customer requested it. They get what they want. A solid brass ceramic disc faucet is a dime a dozen. The Proflo is made in the same country your Kohler is. I would put what ever my mom would want in her house and change it out if there was a problem later. Her faucet isn't going to leave her on the side of the road in a snowstorm. 111.00 for the Forte is 20% high around here.

Comment

If you like Proflo. More power to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                        Yeah, its JUNK.
                        Yes, I also agree.....

I consider it trackhousing-contractor supplied fixtures.

J.C.

Another EXCELLENT way to put it,

Lets put it this way.

DID you ever buy new printer or fax and the ink is a cheapo that only last for a few pages but the printer is awesome.

Well think of the Proflo in the same way,

Its basically a "fixture placeholder" SO the builder can pass inspection and the homeowner has time to pick out there real fixtures,

That's basically the theory behind this line...

I mean again, do you really expect stuff to last from the dollar store?....

But then again, this line or brand makes people like service guy lots of cash on service calls , so they do have there good points
                        Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
                        New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

I've put in $$$$$ faucets & I've put in $ faucets as I'm sure we all have. They all do the same thing. Deliver hot/cold water. Everyone should want it to perform the longest with the least amount of leaks or repairs during its life in my opinion. The finish should also reasonably last for the life until it's no longer rebuildable.

The ProFlo faucets I've experienced don't seem to be built with these qualities in mind. Time will tell...

J.C.

Comment

I've put in $$$$$ faucets & I've put in $ faucets as I'm sure we all have. They all do the same thing. Deliver hot/cold water. Everyone should want it to perform the longest with the least amount of leaks or repairs during its life in my opinion. The finish should also reasonably last for the life until it's no longer rebuildable.

The ProFlo faucets I've experienced don't seem to be built with these qualities in mind. Time will tell...

J.C.
                            Exactly. There are even worse quality fixtures out there of course. We've all seen the weird plastic trailer faucets that only costs $10. The only reason I pick on Proflo, is that Ferguson pushes this product heavily and it seems almost all the plumbers around here use it.
                            That is good for me though, because its just one more thing I can use to differentiate myself from the competition in my customer's eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                              Exactly. There are even worse quality fixtures out there of course. We've all seen the weird plastic trailer faucets that only costs $10. The only reason I pick on Proflo, is that Ferguson pushes this product heavily and it seems almost all the plumbers around here use it.
                              That is good for me though, because its just one more thing I can use to differentiate myself from the competition in my customer's eyes.
                              omg - I had this boss on Long Island once that would go to this place, I forget the name of the place but these 4" center two handle bathroom faucets would cost him $4.00 each

Dude, they were a mess , all plastic , But it is amazing how they do look make it look like chrome
                              Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
                              New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

And I think some people are missing is what myself or some others would recommend.

Though everyone has a budget, the product you install is associated with you.

So if you install or recommend something inferior and it gives a problem, you can be seen as inferior even if it's unfair judgement.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                                X