X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ferguson ProFlo

and then some stuff is JUST GARBAGE right from the start.

We see this in the car / toy / and other industry's quite often, and now with more and more plumbing products being made over seas you will start seeing more and more garbage plumbing products,

I bet its not long until you see cheap $10 plumbing fixtures in those dollar stores, someone needs to bring the production back to the USA .
    Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
    New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Bark Bark Bark

Whats that Lassie??? Someone is ragging on Proflo!!!

Que the Lone Ranger music...

CAP rides in to saaaaaave the Brand

Proflo the name makes me think Industrial Feminine Hygiene Product maybe thats just me *shrug*

GARRRRRRRRR!

Okie

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
        Bark Bark Bark

Whats that Lassie??? Someone is ragging on Proflo!!!

Que the Lone Ranger music...

CAP rides in to saaaaaave the Brand

Proflo the name makes me think Industrial Feminine Hygiene Product maybe thats just me *shrug*

GARRRRRRRRR!

Okie
        You must not speak dog. When Lassie goes Bark Bark Bark it means that brat Timmy fell in the well again.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
          If you like Proflo. More power to you.
          I don't "like" or recommend Proflo, but I have used it without ANY problembs. I will use it if someone wants cheap fixtures and doesn't care. To say that any fixture is flawless and will last forever is ignorant. Most people I run into would rather replace a cheaper faucet in 5 years than rebuild a grungy old pricey one. I don't belive you have replaced as much as you say you have in a short amount of time in business.

I do belive most of Everything we install now is junk regardless of price. Anything new from Kohler is hideous, and that is what I used to recommend. The manufacturing is in the same country, and standards are the same for 99% of brands out there. It all has gone down hill in the last seven years and I don't belive you get what you pay for, to a centain extent.

Comment

I have replaced lots of the stuff before I ever even went into business. I did plumbing long before I started a business you know.
            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I would be careful in over-generalizing the quality of the ProFlo line. I believe you would be surprised to see what else is manufactured on the same lines.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                I would be careful in over-generalizing the quality of the ProFlo line. I believe you would be surprised to see what else is manufactured on the same lines.

Mark
                Please elaborate Mark

I'm interested in model numbers of products that are the same but boxed as different companies products, because they are made on the same line does not = same product.

I asked CAP this question as well but could not get an answer.

I may be able to get a lower cost on a different name brand though it is the same product as a higher priced brand...

Okie

Comment

Bill,

The easiest thing to do is look ProFlo up in the IAPMO Product Listing Directory. I have a link listed to the directory in the link section, but here is one which will save you time.

http://pld.iapmo.org/

There is some garbage in there which I would not install but there is also some stuff which is okay. Keep in mind if it is not listed in the directory it is not listed and as such may not be legal to install. The reason I mention this is I have seen ProFlo ball valves but I don't see them listed in the directory.

Mark

Comment

What an eye opener! I have been looking up products at the link Mark posted earlier...

China and it's step child Taiwan make almost everything

I knew it but it did not strike home until a looked it up...

Okie

Comment

Good job Mark!

you just saved the day

some people are getting to know how the production line works

================================================== ==

However please be understand it is not possible for me to give you out the manufacturers' name, product numbers...etc for you to compare with

The only information I could give you is, you can try to find their registered certifications (such as IAMPO) and compare the products yourself, you will find interestingly a lot of products comes from the same manufactures and it is even the same item

By similar product, I mean the copper/brass waterway inside the faucet is exactly the same but different casting body/cover/handle pretty much means its "dress" is different, but inside should be the same. And of course, I am talking about the product from the same manufactor.

As far as I know of, ProFlo products just like any other brands in the plumbing industry, they have the sources(manufactures) and these seatellite manufacturers does not ONLU PRODUCE for Pro-Flo but also different brands. Unless, they have their "own" factories which only produces their "own" products. In which case, I don't think theres any brands that owns their "own" factories and only produces their "own" product, at least in plumbing industry it is

In addition, since companies such as Pro-Flo, Delta, Kolher blah blah blah...etc they don't have their own factory but contracts with seatallite companies, they have their options to choose their manufactors, and most of the stuff are indeed coming from China and Taiwan. And man, I gotta tell you, things made in China is really........yeah you can expect what I'm going to say. Beautiful out casting, but wtf inside, everyday its different waterways inside but same out casting lol.

And we can not gurantee how many products Pro-Flo are getting from China, but I am sure any other brands does too, but probably in a lesser scale? Maybe?

Things made in China is really needs to be careful of.
                      Things made in Taiwan maybe a little better in quality wise?

As I am SURE Pro-Flo is buying ALL of their products from the seatallite manufacturers, They could be using GREAT manufacturers in (lets say) Faucet area but using JUNKEY manufacturers in Toilet area.

But when you says Pro-Flo is a junk, you are talking about a "brand" name, but not their specific products or field. Here, it is why I am arguing here on this forum.

Pro-Flo works great in MOST of cases, HOWEVER we should not ignore the true fact their products aren't great in EVERY FIELD yet.
                      Last edited by Cap; 12-07-2008, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap View Post
                        Good job Mark!

you just saved the day

However please be understand it is not possible for me to give you out the manufacturers' name, product numbers...etc for you to compare with

The only information I could give you is, you can try to find their registered certifications (such as IAMPO) and compare the products yourself, you will find interestingly a lot of products comes from the same manufactures and it is even the same item

By similar product, I mean the copper/brass waterway inside the faucet is exactly the same but different casting body/cover/handle pretty much means its "dress" is different, but inside should be the same. And of course, I am talking about the product from the same manufactor.

As far as I know of, ProFlo products just like any other brands in the plumbing industry, they have the sources(manufactures) and these seatellite manufacturers does not ONLU PRODUCE for Pro-Flo but also different brands. Unless, they have their "own" factories which only produces their "own" products. In which case, I don't think theres any brands that owns their "own" factories and only produces their "own" product, at least in plumbing industry it is

In addition, since companies such as Pro-Flo, Delta, Kolher blah blah blah...etc they don't have their own factory but contracts with seatallite companies, they have their options to choose their manufactors, and most of the stuff are indeed coming from China and Taiwan. And man, I gotta tell you, things made in China is really........yeah you can expect what I'm going to say. Beautiful out casting, but wtf inside, everyday its different waterways inside but same out casting lol.

And we can not gurantee how many products Pro-Flo are getting from China, but I am sure any other brands does too, but probably in a lesser scale? Maybe?

As I am SURE Pro-Flo is buying ALL of their products from the seatallite manufacturers, They could be using GREAT manufacturers in (lets say) Faucet area but using JUNKEY manufacturers in Toilet area.

But when you says Pro-Flo is a junk, you are talking about a "brand" name, but not their specific products or field. Here, it is why I am arguing here on this forum.

Pro-Flo works great in MOST of cases, HOWEVER we should not ignore the true fact their products aren't great in EVERY FIELD yet.
                        See now you are over-generalizing. Kohler may have factories in China but they still have factories in the United States as well. In addition, I would consider Ridgid to be part of the plumbing industry and many of us have been to their factory in Ohio earlier this year.

Mark

Comment

Hehe I'm sorry then, but just a quick question, is it a seatallite factory or their own factory? I don't know this one since i never been there :P

Most of my experiences are relating to the production for brands in Asia area

and Now I AM LOOKING AT A NEW PRODUCT, as you may know the no-lead faucet law starting 2010 in Cali area. and this faucet being honest, i would say it is a crap = ="

some companies solution to the no-lead brass water way is simply changed the waterway to plastic!?!?!? WOW
                          Well I know the no-lead brass costs 30% than regular brass, but man changing to plastic waterway to solve this problem just feel something is wrong

(btw, screw the no lead brass waterway thing in California!! people have been drinking that water comes from the brass waterway and no one ever get killed by drinking waters straight out from the faucet?) Why no-lead now?

Comment

Good job Mark!

you just saved the day

First off Cap either slow your typing or check your English because what you're trying to prove is hard to follow with all of the mistakes. And I'm far from perfect.

I haven't made a blanket statement about ProFlo. Had a problem with some toilets. Others worked fine. Made by Briggs if I recall. The Roman Tub filler also "seemed" of decent quality and worked well.

Other products they carry are just above the bottom of the quality line for plumbing fixtures in my professional experience.

And I have no idea of your point that the same manufacturing facilities make other brands such as Kohler, Delta, blah, blah, blah. So what? I don't care if they make fantastic 10ga. dog bowls on Tuesdays in addition to ProFlo.

That doesn't change the quality, design, metallurgy, weight etc. of ProFlo products. And the outer body of the product is as important as the interior workings. Plus the overall tactile feel to the end consumer along with design.

When you are talking about ProFlo being a brand name and not specific products that's just doubletalk that once again makes no sense at all. Think about what your saying. The ProFlo brand name is not junk, just the products they make or vice-versa.

You're making an argument without reason or cause. I haven't read all of the posts but did one person start telling you how the production line should be ran?

Don't tell installers what is and isn't quality.

J.C.

Comment

Hehe I'm sorry then, but just a quick question, is it a seatallite factory or their own factory? I don't know this one since i never been there :P

Most of my experiences are relating to the production for brands in Asia area

and Now I AM LOOKING AT A NEW PRODUCT, as you may know the no-lead faucet law starting 2010 in Cali area. and this faucet being honest, i would say it is a crap = ="

some companies solution to the no-lead brass water way is simply changed the waterway to plastic!?!?!? WOW
                              Well I know the no-lead brass costs 30% than regular brass, but man changing to plastic waterway to solve this problem just feel something is wrong

(btw, screw the no lead brass waterway thing in California!! people have been drinking that water comes from the brass waterway and no one ever get killed by drinking waters straight out from the faucet?) Why no-lead now?
                              They have giant factories and foundries over here which they have owned for many many decades. As for the no lead, I have done a little bit of work with a manufacturer on their products but they are a long way from ready.

Mark

Comment

Mark, does the PEX valves that I and others have put in qualify under coming "no lead" waterway rules?

It was PEX all the way to the aerator. (I think. I looked up inside but didn't dismantle it)

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                                X