Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ferguson ProFlo

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    Mark, does the PEX valves that I and others have put in qualify under coming "no lead" waterway rules?

It was PEX all the way to the aerator. (I think. I looked up inside but didn't dismantle it)

J.C.
    I'm not sure what you guys are installing. If it is the Delta Diamond Seal line it should be but I didn't think they were out yet. This law for now should only affect California and only fixtures and valves where people can consume the water.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Unless I have something in front of me, I don't like to confirm it 100% but I do think it was "diamond seal" on the box.

I'll see if I run into it again. Thanks for the info.

J.C.

Comment

My "Forum Sense" is tingling. (like Spiderman)

The CAP is coming with a million word post/defense.

J.C.

Comment

lol defending what?

and yes indeed as far as I know, the "no-lead" so far only applies to drinking water fixtures and only apply to Cali area

However, it should be soon or later applies to rest of the states.

Being honest, factories here in Asia are not yet prepared for the no-lead act either.

We'll see how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
            Please elaborate Mark

I'm interested in model numbers of products that are the same but boxed as different companies products, because they are made on the same line does not = same product.

I asked CAP this question as well but could not get an answer.

I may be able to get a lower cost on a different name brand though it is the same product as a higher priced brand...

Okie
            iapmo.org go to product listing directory. fill in ferguson in the box and it will spit back who makes what. eye opening and yes, exact equals. For example, same exact valve as Toto, Danze and several others. global economy, global resourcing. I agree the old days were better, but guess what. the old days are over, apparently you are just old and dont understand that. maybe time to retire?

Comment

Originally posted by plbr214 View Post
              iapmo.org go to product listing directory. fill in ferguson in the box and it will spit back who makes what. eye opening and yes, exact equals. For example, same exact valve as Toto, Danze and several others. global economy, global resourcing. I agree the old days were better, but guess what. the old days are over, apparently you are just old and dont understand that. maybe time to retire?

You would be better served to read all of the posts before you make a comment "Plbr214" or at least spend the time to develop a rational thought that contributes to the discussion...

Cap is this your alter ego???

Okie

Comment

um....
                nope...
                LOL

It doesn't look like a long freaking speech I give out everytime
                does it?

But I gotta say this guy knows a bit about how sourcing works

Comment

I believe I understand how sourcing works as well

My point in this discussion has always been that you (CAP) set Delta and Proflow as being the same product from the same supplier...

Once called on it your statement it then turned into "just an example"

You could not even validate your own claims though another member of this board saw fit to help explain the general issue (Mark providied the link to iapmo.org)

"I can't say anything because I'm in the business" defense is an excuse plain and simple.

My surprise at the amount of items made in China in no way validates anything you said IMO...

In reality your points are moot when you go back and read the start of this thread remembering that this discussion started because plumbing professionals were discussing the real quality of the product out of the box in real world installations... NOT if proflo was made in the same plant in China as Newport Brass

Okie

Comment

I think you might find that a surprising number of brands are made by Schenzen Globe Union Industrial Faucet Company. Some of the known brands: Glacier Bay, some Pegasus, Seasons, Danze, Gerber, etc. Don't know for sure about EZ Flo, ProFlo, ProValue, etc.

Here is the parent company: http://wrightreports.ecnext.com/coms...PANY_C1564Y800

The faucet division just known as Globe Union. : http://www.globeunion.com/ourproducts.aspx
                    Last edited by lovetheUSA; 12-18-2008, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                      I believe I understand how sourcing works as well
                      Enough said

Comment

Working...
                      X