Ferguson ProFlo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferguson ProFlo

Our local Ferguson branch works hard to push their private label "ProFlo" brand. Any opinion on Proflo water closets, faucets, etc...?
    spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Re: Ferguson ProFlo

Yeah, its JUNK.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
      Yeah, its JUNK.

Alrighty then... that pretty much summed it up. Glad I asked before I bought. This might be the shortest thread in the Forum's history!

spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

ProFlo toilets by Briggs. Had some that flushed well in houses (All fixtures supplied by contractor) I did. Had a couple that did not flush at all. Confirmed by removing them and setting them level in the street to show the Ferguson rep.

Faucets made of tin.

Stainless sinks made of tinfoil.

Whirlpool valves actually felt of good brass weight (I'm no metallurgist) and worked well.

I consider it trackhousing-contractor supplied fixtures.

J.C.
        Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 11-23-2008, 01:20 PM.

Comment

I trade at CAL STEAM in the bay area. Bought out by Ferguson. There's a lot of dissin about Ferguson,Why is this?
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

When I lived in North Carolina we used ProFlo almost exclusively on the tract homes we built, someone had to buy early and pay for the upgrade to get anything different.
            it can be pretty junky but the warranty is stellar, we didn't even have to take a broken toilet back to the supply house, just call our rep and the next truck out had a new on. the broken/malfunctioning one just got tossed in the closest dumpster.
            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

I do not think you can beat their SS sinks, top or under-mount. They are good quality and 60% less than name brand. The faucets are hit and miss. Their nicer lav faucets are good, the cheaper ones are plastic. The pullout kitchen sucks. Their lavs, tubs and toilets are pretty good. If someone wants cheaper fixtures I use them a lot without any problems.

Comment

my only complaint about their SS kitchen sinks were the sink clips, I skewered my fingers many tim'es trying to get them in place
                No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

they changed them to the Elkay syle now. Their sinks are the straitest I have installed.

Comment

I once installed some toilets, some faucets, etc. Big mistake. Pure junk.

If you are into junk then by all means use it. If you like parts to malfunction, faucets to leak, toilets to leak, etc.
                    I try my best to use only quality parts and fixtures, as I am building a reputation in town. The plumbers who use Proflo, I go in behind them and rip the crap out and give the customer's something that will last. The plumbers who put that crap in, they never get called back again. Their reputation is the same as their Proflo parts...JUNK!

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                      I trade at CAL STEAM in the bay area. Bought out by Ferguson. There's a lot of dissin about Ferguson,Why is this?
                      You know, we have had a Ferguson account for a long time and we occasionally used it for HVAC work... piping and such... never was that impressed. When we started plumbing last year, I figured we had better give them a second look since we would need a good plumbing distributor to partner with.

I am trying, but they kind of remind me of Honeywell (on a smaller scale). They seem to have their fingers into a little bit of everything, but don't seem to be REAL GOOD at anything in particular.
                      spodelee

Comment

serviceguy----you rip out junk to put in junk (kohler)!??????????

sounds like u dont get called back either if this is the case

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                          I once installed some toilets, some faucets, etc. Big mistake. Pure junk.

If you are into junk then by all means use it. If you like parts to malfunction, faucets to leak, toilets to leak, etc.
                          I try my best to use only quality parts and fixtures, as I am building a reputation in town. The plumbers who use Proflo, I go in behind them and rip the crap out and give the customer's something that will last. The plumbers who put that crap in, they never get called back again. Their reputation is the same as their Proflo parts...JUNK!
                          I haven't ever had a call back on anything I have put in. As a "service guy" I also wouldn't use it. I would be working on a cost + basis, not low bidder. I don't belive you have actually replaced much of it, and are biased twards other products. It isn't my first choice but if price maters to a customer I haven't had a problem ever.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
                            When I lived in North Carolina we used ProFlo almost exclusively on the tract homes we built, someone had to buy early and pay for the upgrade to get anything different.
                            it can be pretty junky but the warranty is stellar, we didn't even have to take a broken toilet back to the supply house, just call our rep and the next truck out had a new on. the broken/malfunctioning one just got tossed in the closest dumpster.
                            Great They will send you replacement parts but who pays to reinstall?? Kinda silly i think i'd rather just have it work right the first time!

Comment

Originally posted by Birddoggiest View Post
                              I haven't ever had a call back on anything I have put in. As a "service guy" I also wouldn't use it. I would be working on a cost + basis, not low bidder. I don't belive you have actually replaced much of it, and are biased twards other products. It isn't my first choice but if price maters to a customer I haven't had a problem ever.
                              You're wrong. A lot of plumber's use the stuff around here. I replace Proflo fixtures all the time. The parts in the toilets are junk, the tank-to-bowl kits leak, the fillvalve and flapper are junk too. The faucets don't last. The washers get torn up, the stems have broken, etc. etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X