X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gracious customers.

I just got a phonecall. I answered expecting a plumbing emergency as I frequently get this time of night (7pm). It was actually the customer I was at this morning and I cleared their kitchen-sink drain (they poured Metamucil down the disposer!)
    Great, I am thinking its a callback now. NOPE! He was just calling to thank me again, and he wanted to tell me how much he and his wife enjoyed my professionalism. "You really saved the day for us!"
    I didn't know what to say, so I just said, "I don't normally get calls like this at night, but thanks, it means a lot to me. I was just doing my job."

Anyway I am on cloud 9 right now. This is why I love being a "service guy." I love gracious customers.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Re: Gracious customers.

That's great. Always good to get a call once in a while to thank you for your service rather than the normal "This is broke...."

Was it a ProFlo disposer???

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      That's great. Always good to get a call once in a while to thank you for your service rather than the normal "This is broke...."

Was it a ProFlo disposer???

J.C.

Nope a Badger 5.

Comment

i have 2 owners of the company i work for one will come out at the end of the job and say looks good ,good job .

the other wont even come out to the job
        Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
          i have 2 owners of the company i work for one will come out at the end of the job and say looks good ,good job .

the other wont even come out to the job
          If you worked for PlumberRick, you would get plenty of love...from behind.

[insert pervy 2008 roundup pic here]

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
            If you worked for PlumberRick, you would get plenty of love...from behind.

[insert pervy 2008 roundup pic here]
            I saw that picture and it looked to me like Rick was just trying to help his buddy out of that stockade...

We should all be so lucky to have friends like that

Comment

Service Guy, it's going to get even better, over Thanksgiving your going to be one of the topics at the dinner table. Get ready for two new customers just for taking good care of these people.

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                I saw that picture and it looked to me like Rick was just trying to help his buddy out of that stockade...

We should all be so lucky to have friends like that
                Pass
                But thanks for thinking about us.

Comment

the best is when they call your wife/ joey to thank them and joey says, you can't be talking about the rick she married

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

I just got a phonecall. I answered expecting a plumbing emergency as I frequently get this time of night (7pm). It was actually the customer I was at this morning and I cleared their kitchen-sink drain (they poured Metamucil down the disposer!)
                    Great, I am thinking its a callback now. NOPE! He was just calling to thank me again, and he wanted to tell me how much he and his wife enjoyed my professionalism. "You really saved the day for us!"
                    I didn't know what to say, so I just said, "I don't normally get calls like this at night, but thanks, it means a lot to me. I was just doing my job."

Anyway I am on cloud 9 right now. This is why I love being a "service guy." I love gracious customers.
                    I don't think we hear enough of these stories, we only hear about the bad customers. I know, the bad ones are more entertaining. The good customers far out weigh the bad ones, and I think that is why we all still do what we do. I get cards and letters of thanks from customers. When I run into them in town, they introduce me to others as "MY PLUMBER". I've had them pay for my dinner in a local restraunt before I had a chance to.."its already been taken care of by the couple in the corner." People do appreciate what we do for them, and thats why I still do it. I love what I do, and I love where I do it. Who's on call this thursday.........I am.
                    The Other Rick

Comment

I have had those and I know the feeling, Its one of the best feelings in the world I will agree and most of all Congrats ~!

Comment

I get thank you notes with payments in the mail all the time about clearing sewers and drains. Funny thing is I never get em on just plumbing jobs...hummmmm

I think people like Sewer guy`s better then plumbers

Sewer guy`s save the day I guess
                        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by rick1643 View Post
                          People do appreciate what we do for them, and thats why I still do it. I love what I do, and I love where I do it. Who's on call this thursday.........I am.
                          I am on call Thanksgiving. And every weekend and holiday. I already cleared two garbage disposals this week, and it isn't even here yet. I am geared up to be clearing kitchen sink drains all day on Friday!!! I love Thanksgiving. Its the busiest time of the year for us drain-cleaners. So we have even more reason to give thanks.
                          CHA-CHING!

Comment

Working...
                          X