Moral Obligations?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Moral Obligations?

We all would want to do something to make it stop. Truth is, their is very little we can do. Some stearn words from the plumber fixing the pipes surely won't keep it from happening again. This abuse didn't start yesterday morning, won't stop tommorrow and has likely gone on for years.

Some of us have been in similar situtations and it's very awkward. Most of the time I just shake it off and mind my business. Ive only made 3 or 4 calls to social services because I felt the physical health of the child was in danger. Verbal assaults are played out on every street in every town on Thankgiving day. Some of my worst family memories were from this holiday.

Comment

I think its worse when there is crap all over the floor, three infants, and the homeowner makes no effort to clean anything up! That IS sad as well.

Comment

The one thing I despise, is when a guy puts down a female, degrades them, defames in a hurtful way or misleads the truth.

Doesn't matter if you know them or if you're married to them. I've been put in those shoes to witness this and it's beyond awkward, thinking that I'm going to side with the guy. I'd rather beat his *** and take his money than listen to him be hurtful for an audience.

I got a lot of respect for women and I'll joke around at times about my packaged love life "Trials and Tribulations" unlimited edition Volume 1-9" Titled "How I became a man" but you won't find me bashing them for any reason to incite hurt.

All I ask is don't argue in front of me, don't beat your dog in front of me, you can punt the cat 40 yards and I'll cheer ya on, but do NOT rough your kids up around me. CPC will follow a week later and you'll be scratching your head who called.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Tough moral decision to make. I can say that I've been trained to handle a situation like that, but what to do in the actual situation imight have a different outcome. I can see everyone's point's of view on the matter and respect everyone. When a person is infuriated like that, seperation is often the only solution with a follow up to counseling to solve the situation.

I nominated this post because this one really made me look inward and question my own possible actions.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

okie,

i grew up in a very abusive household.

humiliating anybody in from of everybody is one of the meanest things anybody can do to somebody.

anger management level 1 teaches; there is no excuse for abuse"."

it seems to me that the problem your faced with is how to communicate your concerns for the mental well-being of the young lady in question.

here's some suggestions; get some of those "childrens help line" business cards. put one in the mailbox, include one with your bill, give one to the mom and daughter in front of each other.

this will silently but very effectively convey the messege to your customer that you are aware of what is happening in front of you and that you acknowledge it and find it unacceptable.

if we do nothing, then we become a integral part of the whole problem.

there is always a round-a-bout way of effectively getting a job done or voicing one's concerns.

if you lose the customer, so be it. but you might change somebody's life for the better. i am a typical example that a once abusive person can be "fixed" and given a second chance at life.

i'm not a devout christian by any standard. but i do believe in God. i have gone from trying to end my life at the tender age of 16 to thanking the good Lord each and every day i wake up and put my feet on the floor.

okie, i appreciate your concerns. i can tell that you grew up in a respectful household.

i hope this helps you. keep us posted, no matter what the outcome.

Vince

kinda ironic that the plumber comes to the rescue in more ways than one

Comment

This issue has made me look pretty deep inside myself.

I spent alot of time in some pretty bad parts of the world and saw the absolute worst of humanity...

I left that part me behind last year when I came home... So I thought

I just realized how much trouble I go to now to avoid human suffering, I can't even watch those caught on video shows of folks getting hurt ect...

To those of you that have survived this kind of treatment I can't fathom your pain but am glad to see you still living and loving

Okie

Comment

"This issue has made me look pretty deep inside myself."

i posted this poem on another forum and some of you will recognize it.

i'd like to share it with you. i was hammered out of my tree when i wrote this. it has many different meanings, depending on one's perspective.

Reflections of a Life

i look deep into his eyes.
                memories are etched in his face.
                many more he's yet to see.

i see the life he's had.
                i see the life he's got,
                and i see the life he wants.

i stare deep into his eyes.
                my reflection stares back at me.

Vince Lang Sr
                Rankin Inlet
                Nunavut
                Canada

Vince

we continue to evolve as a speices. it's just that some of us have evolved more than others. thank God for the plumber.

Comment

Whenever that kind of thing starts while I'm working or is happening when I get there I just politely interrupt and say "please call when things have settled down."

They usually stop right then. Otherwise, I'm gone and don't have to listen to the yelling. Most the time the verbal crap is flying both ways.

It's a good way to get yourself shot when you butt into other's affairs.
                  "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

My lack of breast feeding created a boob fetish. It's interesting the type of woman this attracts me to. Mentality of abandonment brings . ... ..? Mommy dearest saw fit to cut me off. How did I see it ? proofs in the pudding

Comment

Comment

whut
                        Last edited by stokefire7; 11-29-2008, 08:14 PM.

Comment

[quote=SlimTim;190666]Whenever that kind of thing starts while I'm working or is happening when I get there I just politely interrupt and say "please call when things have settled down."

They usually stop right then. Otherwise, I'm gone and don't have to listen to the yelling. Most the time the verbal crap is flying both ways.

"It's a good way to get yourself shot when you butt into other's affairs".[/quote]

no disrespect intended slim,

hopefully, it's not the young lady in question that's holding the gun and your an innocent shopper/by-stander.

Vince

Comment

no disrespect intended slim,

hopefully, it's not the young lady in question that's holding the gun and your an innocent shopper/by-stander.

Vince[/quote]

I guess I don't understand your point, Vince. Why would I take offense to that. It's exactly my point. And we're the innocent plumbers!
                            "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

My moral turpitude has come into question many times amoungst large groups of people.

You know what I say?

Take it to Oprah!! if ya don't like it!

DUNBAR, Morally bankrupt since 1972.
                              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I would return to do the second phase. This time I would be set up to record the abuse.
                                One copy to child services,one to the police,one to the school. I would not send a bill.
                                Wrong, another idea. Not giving it to the Mother , I'd play it for Her. Then threaten to give it to these agency's , unless She gets counseling , She validates with You
                                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                                X