Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I love Black Friday.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I love Black Friday.

    I didn't get a single call on Thanksgiving day, and I was happy to rest.
    The day after Thanksgiving... Possibly the busiest day for service plumber's of the whole year.
    •7 calls completed.
    •Worked 14 straight hours.
    •$2300 big ones brought in.
    •2 pressure regulators,
    •2 freezeless hosefaucets,
    •3 toilet repairs,
    •1 kitchen drain-cleaning,
    •1 mains sewer-cleaning and video-inspection,
    •Even 1 50 gallon gas water heater and expansion tank installed!!!
    •7 happy customers.
    All by myself.


    If I was always this busy, I'd be a millionaire in only a few years. But I'd probably have a heart-attack by then too.

    Anyway, I am going to bed.
    This has been one of the best working days of my entire life.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

  • #2
    Re: I love Black Friday.

    Dam, You go boy

    Congrats and nice job,

    Stack that ca$h and use it as a pillow
    Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
    New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: I love Black Friday.

      Why do I stay Navy after reading post like this?

      I hate you Carl and wish you more success in life. Good job.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: I love Black Friday.

        Well, a good chunk of that cash went towards the cost of the water heater and other materials. Then a chunk goes towards the business expenses. Then the tax-man comes, well, you get the idea...it was still a good day though.
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: I love Black Friday.

          Great work, Carl! Hopefully there are more to come like that. The days around Christmas can be just as busy sometimes, also.
          YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

          Plumbing Reviews

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: I love Black Friday. I hate blue Monday !

            Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
            Why do I stay Navy after reading post like this?

            I hate you Carl and wish you more success in life. Good job.
            What You don't see ALL the big insurance checks,We cut,Tax burden, Shop rent,And on and on.
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: I love Black Friday.

              I hope that you had to bill some of those customers and that 2300 was not the total of all those sales?????????????????

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: I love Black Friday.


                Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: I love Black Friday.

                  Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                  I didn't get a single call on Thanksgiving day, and I was happy to rest.
                  The day after Thanksgiving... Possibly the busiest day for service plumber's of the whole year.
                  •7 calls completed.
                  •Worked 14 straight hours.
                  •$2300 big ones brought in.
                  •2 pressure regulators,
                  •2 freezeless hosefaucets,
                  •3 toilet repairs,
                  •1 kitchen drain-cleaning,
                  •1 mains sewer-cleaning and video-inspection,
                  •Even 1 50 gallon gas water heater and expansion tank installed!!!
                  •7 happy customers.
                  All by myself.

                  If I was always this busy, I'd be a millionaire in only a few years. But I'd probably have a heart-attack by then too.

                  Anyway, I am going to bed.
                  This has been one of the best working days of my entire life.
                  I've been non stop since the day before thanksgiving, finally stopped a few hours ago. I think I may have made enough to pay for my new truck. Couldn't have come at a better time, also picked up some more work for next week. I still have to figure out all that I did for the last few days, heads still spinning.
                  The Other Rick

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: I love Black Friday.

                    I bet your tired Rick! The good kind though, when you can sleep with a smile. Congrats.
                    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: I love Black Friday.

                      Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                      I bet your tired Rick! The good kind though, when you can sleep with a smile. Congrats.
                      It did take my mind off of cigarettes, I picked a bad week to stop smoking
                      The Other Rick

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: I love Black Friday.

                        As a smoker i can understand where you are coming from. When your busy you smoke to relieve the stress of feeling overwhelmed by customers. When your slow you smoke to relieve stress of worrying about how you are gonna meet budget.

                        This raises the question "Is there a good time to quit"?

                        I can assure you that looking back, there is never a good time to start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        OH WELL, If i only knew then what I know now.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: I love Black Friday.

                          Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                          Why do I stay Navy after reading post like this?

                          I hate you Carl and wish you more success in life. Good job.
                          Ben
                          I did
                          $900 in main line cleanouts
                          $600 for a C/O install
                          $300 for C/O install
                          $140 in 2 Sink Drain cleanouts
                          and lined up a 3000.00 sewer install
                          my cost was 60.00 in parts to do all these jobs
                          all this in under 8 hr`s by myself
                          I love Thanksgiving and Christmas
                          Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 12-03-2008, 09:25 PM.
                          http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: I love Black Friday.

                            Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                            Ben
                            I did
                            $900 in main line cleanouts
                            $600 for a C/O install
                            $300 for C/O install
                            $140 in 2 Sink Drain cleanouts
                            and lined up a 3000.00 sewer install
                            my cost was 60.00 in parts to do all these jobs
                            all this in under 8 hr`s by myself
                            I love Thanksgiving and Christmas
                            Dam.....Nice way to clean up
                            Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
                            New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X