X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used Ridgid Pipe wrench price guide?

I'm in the market for some use aluminum wrenches and I'm looking for some decent prices. what is a good way to compare ebay, craigslist and others to some retail prices. Its hard to tell how over priced some of the retail stores are so I have no idea what kind of a deal I'm getting.

For instance I just found a 24" aluminum in good shape for 50$, is this a good deal or what? I think it was well over 100$ + shipping everywhere else.

I also tried to compare with grainger but they seem a little pricey too.

Any help would help my thin wallet considerably. thanks.

Re: Used Ridgid Pipe wrench price guide?

Are you STRONG? Buy a used cast iron wrench for 10 bucks and save yourself some cash, plus you won't have to go to the gym anymore!

Comment

Go to ebay and look at the auctions that are over. That tells you what people are willing to pay.

Comment

believe it or not the cheapest place that I have found for new wrenches around here is home depot. be careful buying used, the jaws can be worn out or the springs worn or broken. Are you using these daily?? I use an 18 and 24 almost every day all day.

G3

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys.

Comment

Oh, one more question, how do lenox pipe wrenches hold up against ridgid?

Comment

they both go to hell after you beat em together
              http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I have tried them all: lenox, reed, ridgid, super ego, craftsman, china junk, snap on, trimo, proto and a couple of others I can't even think of.

There ain't but one wrench to have in your hands and thats a ridgid.

The jaws will outlast the rest, the bodies will outlast the rest, the springs will outlast the rest, and they will stay adjusted. All of the ones mentioned above with the exception of the ridgid, I tried them until they would not perform or were just too agrivating to use and would hand them to someone on the job.

Now that's just my opion, but I work with them some times eight hours a day non stop for weeks on end, trust me on this one. The two wrenches that I use most often are an 18" and a 24" both are aluminum. There are at least 15 wrenches on the truck (ranging from a 6" to 24") and they are all ridgid with the exception of one and it has ridgid jaws in it.

But then again it all depends on how much you will be using them.

Good luck with your decision.

G3

Comment

Thanks for that explanation. I will definitely be sticking with ridgid.

Comment

Hey,

yea, I have not seen any price guide and the ebay idea listed above was pretty good
                    Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
                    New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

I'll bet I've got close to 75 pipe wrenches is every size ever made. Most of them are Ridgid but I have a few Reed's also. I really like aluminum but if you're just starting out I suppose the cost might be a bit high. Stay away from Chinese junk. some of my wrenches are 75 years old and maybe older and they still work as good as the day they were made. Quality tools are a joy forever. I do have a couple Lennox wrenches in 14 inch. So far they seem to be rugged enough and feel godd in the hands.
                      sigpic

Comment

All my pipe wrenches are Ridgid cast iron( I feel I might hurt the loominum) from 6" to 48" I bought all of them used and never paid more than 40 bucks. I am a welder and am known for tool abuse(along with using them for other than there intended purpouse), but they keep coming back for more.

Comment

I made a small price guide for you on my website.

Ridgid Used Pipe Wrench Price Guide

I took prices from ebay and craigslist and then used google shopping to get retail, so the used price average is there as well as the retail price.

I found this kind of fun, so I will be creating more price guides as well from the data I collect.

I buy a lot of second hand tools myself from time to time on CL and such, so I will be using these guides for my reference as well, but I figured why not post them on my site so everyone can enjoy them.

Hope this helps you.
                          Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV

Comment

I didn't see a listing for my 60" pipe wrench.

Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                              I didn't see a listing for my 60" pipe wrench.

Mark
                              Oh dam, sorry , Thats a HUGE wrench, I will add that tonight and YOUR right if you guys are carrying around 60" pipe wrenches I am screwed at the round up

Comment

Working...
                              X