X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your niche?

Just curious on what your niche or what you like most...

My niche or things I love to do most are:

Copper domestic water roughs & Heat Loops ( I love to bend )
    Boiler builds
    Pump pulling ( not installing ) ( ejectors, condensate , vacuum , split case )

PVC would be my second choice.

I know serviceguy will say "emegency service"....right

Rick ?......Not sure . he has too many tools

What do you guys like....

Re: What's your niche?

Libra's

Long walks on the beach

Ice Cream

Crud I thought I was in my eharmony account

Really though, I like remodel work (demo the slab and move the toilet to another wall ect)

I wish the copper would stay shiny...

Okie

Comment

Figuring out things.

When people have called the local large plumbing companies & they didn't fix it or figure out a solution. Then someone who knows someone else tells them to call me and I take care of it.

Gives me a little charge.

J.C.

Comment

I know it is not a familiar choice on here, but used to be PEX repipes. Also Moen faucets. The supply house used to call me when a customer needed a part they did not have in stock. A service tech from the energy company stopped by about 10:00 last night to pick up an old blower motor from an AO Smith powervent. Good to hang on to things like that.
        Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
          Libra's

Long walks on the beach

Ice Cream

Crud I thought I was in my eharmony account

Really though, I like remodel work (demo the slab and move the toilet to another wall ect)

I wish the copper would stay shiny...

Okie
          nICE, I also love ice cream and shiny copper

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          Figuring out things.

When people have called the local large plumbing companies & they didn't fix it or figure out a solution. Then someone who knows someone else tells them to call me and I take care of it.

Gives me a little charge.

J.C.
          Yea, I do like that as well but on my good days , not Mondays

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
          I know it is not a familiar choice on here, but used to be PEX repipes. Also Moen faucets. The supply house used to call me when a customer needed a part they did not have in stock. A service tech from the energy company stopped by about 10:00 last night to pick up an old blower motor from an AO Smith powervent. Good to hang on to things like that.
          No no pex can be cool , and yea old parts are always good

Comment

I'm like J.C. in that I get a charge diagnosing a problem correctly that several other companies already botched. If someone calls and says they've had everybody look at their problem already then I go just for fun. If I figure it out I charge them. If I don't then it's no charge. It's the challenge that counts. (I would almost pay them to let me look!)

Next, I like to recommend, supply and install little life style upgrades that benefit my customers. Air purifiers, water purifiers, new faucets and toilets and my very special, Mrs Seat Down hands-free toilet bidet seat.
            "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
              Next, I like to recommend, supply and install little life style upgrades that benefit my customers. Air purifiers, water purifiers, new faucets and toilets and my very special, Mrs Seat Down hands-free toilet bidet seat.
              It's been almost a year and I still can't pawn that thing off. I believe good has come from it and Rick has learned his lesson
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Our specialty was fixing problems other companies could not. I'm not saying we were any smarter but I do believe my guys were more experienced.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

My favorite is when I'm smart enough to recognize a job I don't want to do before I start it.

But really my niche is anything to do with a drain. I like it when I diagnose and solve something thats been a thorn in someone's side for a long while.
                  Last edited by Ace Sewer; 12-06-2008, 01:44 AM.
                  This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                    My favorite is when I'm smart enough to recognize a job I don't want to do before I start it.

But really my niche is anything to do with a drain. I like it when I diagnose and solve something thats been a thorn in someone's side for a long while.

ah ha, Just like Mark's saying

Comment

Drain cleaning and hvac(service and repair, trying to stay away from installs).
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                        Drain cleaning and hvac(service and repair, trying to stay away from installs).
                        Yea, hvac install are not for me, Sheet metal hates me

Comment

I have always enjoyed that trip to the bank to make the deposit. Other than that, boiler installs. I liked radiant installes for the first couple hundred but it get's old after that.
                          sigpic

Comment

Drain cleaning.

Sure, some jobs can be really messy but when a drain goes from not moving at all to flowing like a brand new drain, it's instant gratification
                            YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

As a former ninja it was basically saving peaceful farmer townsfolk types from certain destruction against governmentally trained soldiers or marauding ruffians

Comment

Working...
                              X