X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Core drilling prices????

I did a favor for my friend today who also happens to have his own plumbing business about 45 minutes south of me. I knew that I was gonna have a slow day so I agreed to core drill 5- 4" holes through the floor of the county courthouse. The floor was a whopping 2 ft thick....(1 foot of concrete on top of 1 foot of this terra cotta type brick). I ONLY charged him $300 to drill all 5. I know that this is dirt cheap....but I could tell they he thought it was high...since he doesn't have much experience with this type of work. I used my own core drill...bit....everything. I am curious as to how much any of you guys have payed lately for getting holes bored??

-James

Re: Core drilling prices????

the rental on the core drill at cat rental is 75.00 for the day. that does not include the bit or extension. sounds cheep to me

Comment

Originally posted by goob View Post
      the rental on the core drill at cat rental is 75.00 for the day. that does not include the bit or extension. sounds cheep to me
      it does not include the wear/ use of the core bit either.

i can tell you that 300 is dirt cheap.

$85 a hole is still a great price. not to mention all the clean up and 2' depth.

get a quote form your local coring company for comparison.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

$150 per hole up to 8" deep 12" diameter

Then $10 per inch after that

5 hole minimum

That hollow terracotta block isn't worth charging extra for

I don't do a lot of coredrilling for others

Comment

Originally posted by vette850 View Post
          I did a favor for my friend today who also happens to have his own plumbing business about 45 minutes south of me. I knew that I was gonna have a slow day so I agreed to core drill 5- 4" holes through the floor of the county courthouse. The floor was a whopping 2 ft thick....(1 foot of concrete on top of 1 foot of this terra cotta type brick). I ONLY charged him $300 to drill all 5. I know that this is dirt cheap....but I could tell they he thought it was high...since he doesn't have much experience with this type of work. I used my own core drill...bit....everything. I am curious as to how much any of you guys have payed lately for getting holes bored??

-James
          You did him a real favor for that price, Most people charge up to $150 a hole by me .....

So yea, he got a good deal I would say...
          Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
          New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

vette850
            We are being charged $30 per hole another 45 min south of your courthouse. Of course I had 31 holes to core, and I am only one of the subs on the job. Your price was fine assuming it was a cash job.
            Mike

Comment

Working...
            X