Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSST ban!!!!

Public Notice
    The Massachusetts Board of State Examiners of Plumbers and Gas Fitters have Temporary banned the use of All Types of CSST Gas Piping Material including the new Counter Strike CSST effective Friday November 28, 2008. All installers should contact their local inspector regarding any existing permits that were taken prior to Friday November 28, 2008.
    Official Notice Regarding Previous Approval of CSST Gas Piping Systems

Re: CSST ban!!!!

I hear the CSST companies are revamping the grounding rules due to lightning strike failures so some areas are pushing for a halt until the dust settles...

Okie

Comment

Maybe there right . Seems I read of nail problems now and then. Unions will be happy in Mass.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

In Springfield Missouri, we Can use CSST, but it has to be sleeved when in wall in rigid metal sleeve, and then you still need striker plates for it. The shop I work for doesn't even bother anymore, back to black iron and a threader.
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Ban it all,

shouldn't have to rush home while eating out on a friday night during a thunderstorm if you gas line is going to leak thanks to lightning strikes.

Sounds as foolish as it is. There was nothing with black iron and the product has an indefinite life with its long history of containing the flammable vapor.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

MN has sided with the Mfg's of this stuff and require that it be bonded by an electrician.
            Yup.And an electrical permit too.Suddeny they are not selling so much.
            And it is more spendy than soft L copper.

Comment

L copper has gone by the wayside too, as it has proven to be not a very reliable product for gas. I wonder when they will place a ban on all of the premade flexible lines that are used on stoves, fireplaces, dryers, etc. I have even seen people use these flexible gas lines to hook up water heaters and furnaces
              Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
                L I have even seen people use these flexible gas lines to hook up water heaters and furnaces
                They're code in California for good reason EARTHQUAKES !
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                  EARTHQUAKES!! I would not live in such a place. People should know better than to live anywhere that experiences multiple earthquakes, floods, tornados, or hurricanes. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the best place to put my home is not directly on top of a fault line.

Comment

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
                    EARTHQUAKES!! I would not live in such a place. People should know better than to live anywhere that experiences multiple earthquakes, floods, tornados, or hurricanes. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the best place to put my home is not directly on top of a fault line.
                    You didnt feel the earthquake we had a few months ago? It reached well into Michigan.

Andy

Comment

EXCELLENT POINT ! I'm moving to Your Hood! We can take the license test together

Maybe I'll join Your church ,This is going to be swell .

Comment

Hmmmmmmm, not thinking your serious, but alright. You can take the test, I am going to stick to drain cleaning, softener installs, and outdoor wood furnaces. Speaking of, time for me to quit playing around on the computer and go out and make some money.
                        Last edited by Devine Plumbing; 12-09-2008, 10:41 AM.

Comment

All I am gonna say is welcome to the Peoples Rebublik Of Massachusetts

You can't buy a Glock handgun because the AG says they are not safe but they are state issue to the cops

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                            except anything over 100,000 btu's has to be hard piped

Comment

Tozzi
                              Mass politics is one thing but the board of examiners is another. Be happy your board is comprised of mostly plumbers and inspectors(yes, I know they threw bones to the MWRA and the environmentalists) and not stacked with Lawyers and architects.
                              I've seen first hand the problems with CSST and lightning strikes. It ain't pretty.
                              that being said, I lived in Plymouth most of my adult life. Which cranberry bog do you live near.
                              Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X