X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shower arm question

i've found them on page 20 of zurn's online product guide http://www.zurnpex.com/SubmittalsTec...7/Default.aspx

we typically use thos plastic fittings along with any of the crimp rings from page 19, though I currently don't have the tool for the qickclamp rings.
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Thanks MoJo. I'll do some learnin'.

J.C.

Comment

the scary thing is, the plastic zurn fittings aren't part of the lawsuit, only the brass ones.

and sorry for how long it took to find that page, I was trying to find a non pdf picture with info.
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Zurn Lawsuit.

http://zurnclassaction.com/

Uponor Propex is the only pex I will install also. I used to only use the brass fittings but the rep talked me into the EP and haven't had a problem since using them.

Comment

angle stop stub out for shower riser !!! thats peice, rate for you show up in 1995 cavalier and get to work with right parts or not.
            Last edited by LThompson; 04-11-2010, 04:32 PM. Reason: sorry comment on wrong post

Comment

sheetrock will hide a multitude of sin

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                I spoke to Uponor myself and went as high as I could in engineering/QC. The person claiming to be an engineer there (I'm not standing in his office looking at his sheet so I assume he's telling me the truth that he is an engineer) told me that no crimping or cinchclamp system is approved for Uponor or Wirsbo products. Even if they allowed it at one time.....no more. So if anyone wants to use Uponor's PEX with rings or clamps and you have a problem at any joint, it will be considered improper installation and the installers/owners of the company's fault.

J.C.
                I heard somewhere that Uponor monitors inside diameter tolerances, since they expand the tubing for the fittings. Other PEX manufacturers monitor outside diameter tolerance in the manufacturing process because the crimp down.

In Minnesota it's not legal to mix and match manufacturers between pex fittings and tubing. Uponor tubing means you're supposed to use uponor fittings.
                Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
                X