Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What types of promotional items do you use?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What types of promotional items do you use?

I am looking into buying a box of 40 3/4c ball valves to use whenever I install a new water heater. These valves will have my logo on them with my phone number and hopefully will aid in keeping the leads coming my way. For instance, a house gets sold, the new homeowner discovers the water heater leaking, turns off the ball valve and sees my business logo on it and decides to give me a chance because he knows I have worked in the house before. What other types of promotional items do you use, IE : magnets, stickers pens, etc. Let us know, how about a Christmas card?
    Keith
    The Plumber Protects the Health of the Nation

Re: What types of promotional items do you use?

Originally posted by KChristopher View Post
    I am looking into buying a box of 40 3/4c ball valves to use whenever I install a new water heater. These valves will have my logo on them with my phone number and hopefully will aid in keeping the leads coming my way. For instance, a house gets sold, the new homeowner discovers the water heater leaking, turns off the ball valve and sees my business logo on it and decides to give me a chance because he knows I have worked in the house before. What other types of promotional items do you use, IE : magnets, stickers pens, etc. Let us know, how about a Christmas card?
    Keith
    It would assume it be cheaper to just get some tags for the shut-offs. The plumbing company that did my water heater attached one on the water heater and the main shutoff (along with a really big sticker on the water heater that counts as a $25 coupon for the next one).

Comment

I use magnetic business cards. I also use adhesive cards for water heaters and garbage disposals. Been thinking of getting waterproof ones to put under a toilet tank lid.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

We use For service call stickers with our company info on them. We affix them after each job to the main sewer line when we are done. We also use marking flags with our company info on them. If we locate a sewer or drain line we use them as well as paint.
        Last edited by HighlandS&D; 12-12-2008, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Keith

That would be a good idea, providing you are the guy that did not cause the leak.

We give out $10 gift certificates to the local Taco joint.

Comment

i don't do it, but my buddy steve does

laminated business card on front with main water shut off on back attached to the water main shut off.

irrigation main on back, to the irrigation shut off.

since they're laminated, they're water proof.

same with gas main.

of course decals on the disposal and water heater.

don't waste your time and money on the ball valve ads. they fade outside and most homeowners don't even know what they are or how to shut them. it;s the last place they're going to see your #. a decal is the first.

believe it or not, there is a local scam shop that actually had the disposal rings with their name and phone # on it. they are the biggest scam in the city.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

You have to use decals on the water heaters. I am not sure about the ball valves though. Don't know that HO would actually read them. I think the tags would be best. I stopped by a friends shop a few days ago. He has probably the biggest service shop in my town. There were maybe 10-12 scrap heaters outside in a pile that they had taken out. At least 6 of them had thier bright yellow stickers on them. One of them had my name on it from when i was working there 10 years ago! One swap out would cover the cost of a few hundred decals.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I think I will try the laminated cards for the shutoffs and invest in some stickers for the water heaters. I also like the age old fridge magnets.
                The Plumber Protects the Health of the Nation

Comment

Thanks for the info. I think I will try the laminated cards for the shutoffs and invest in some stickers for the water heaters. I also like the age old fridge magnets.

Free tacos, tacos, tacos....

Comment

Keith
                    Hi,

Promotional item is really a great idea for giving a gift. Once we used promotional mugs with our company information printed on it.

Comment

Originally posted by flimsy View Post
                      Hi,

Promotional item is really a great idea for giving a gift. Once we used promotional mugs with our company information printed on it.
                      Nice advertisement...

Comment

Working...
                      X