Why would this leak?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why would this leak?

One more thing, years ago guys used to pour primer into the glue and mix it up so the inspectors would see the primer. In addition, the easiest glue joints to disassemble are the ones put together with clear glue. After you remove the upper part of this flange with a hammer, a 4" insta set may solve all your problems.

Comment

Just made me think of one time I was called back to a job that I had done a couple years before, and the tile shower was leaking on the first floor ceiling from above. We cut open the ceiling and saw that the water was coming through the wood floor, thus a bad pan more than likely. While we were messing with it we noticed the trap did not look glued on one joint. Sure enough it pulled right apart, but had never leaked. We could not remember which one of us had done it.....You see some weird stuff!

Comment

I redid this last week. The flange had a good bead of "blue glue" around the edge of the pipe in the flange. I think I've still got it somewhere. Might post a pic if interested.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
        X