X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nasty Kitchen sink

Check out this picture. Have you guys ever had to work on kitchen sink this nasty?
    Last edited by plumbertim1975; 02-23-2009, 11:48 PM.

Re: Nasty Kitchen sink

Yes, It's bad when a Kitchen sink clog is nastier then a sewer BU...lol

Comment

That looks like 50% of the homes I have to go into up here.
      Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

That looks like the sink of a rental house my aunt had. She called Dad one day to see it he could get the kitchen sink unclogged. So we jump in the truck and drive down to the rental house and have a look see. Sink backed up but would drain very slowly, had a garbage disposal in it also. So Dad gets a bucket and pulls the trap off and finds chards of glass packed into it. The renter finally confessed that she thought that a garbage disposal was just that, a "GARBAGE DISPOSAL". Told my aunt to call a real plumber to clear the drains, what a mess.

G3

Comment

It's not just the sink. Look at the window sill and even the chair.
          I grew up dirt poor but NEVER did I live in those conditions. You can NOT blame those conditions on your station in life. It has only to do with pure laziness.
          I say the he11 with the clog and burn the dump down!

I hope you cleaned up your mess before you left, wouldn't want any complaints.
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Unfortunately yes, her sink looked exactly like that one.

The lady had a kitchen cabinet and the bottom had rotted out. She filled the base of the cabinet with cat litter and her cats used it. I had to change out the faucet with a faucet she purchased which was a total piece of crap. I seriously evaluated my life that week and where I was going in life.
            Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

I wouldn't mind having a fresh batch of brownies made in that kitchen!

Or some soup, that kinda soup that looks like milky mopwater with floating.....veggies?
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I grew up in the rental business with my dad ever since I could remember as a little kid till now....saw lots of stuff you would not believe. People can be worse than ANIMALS!!!!
                Last edited by Chemeng; 12-14-2008, 09:59 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

There was an old wife's tale many many years ago that you could sharpen the blades of a garbage disposer with glass. I'm sure many of us know the ice trick.

Comment

Not unusual in this business!

Comment

Originally posted by rookie plumber View Post
                      There was an old wife's tale many many years ago that you could sharpen the blades of a garbage disposer with glass. I'm sure many of us know the ice trick.
                      What is the ice trick?

Comment

Originally posted by Birddoggiest View Post
                        What is the ice trick?
                        You put a few cubes in and run the garbage disposal

I hope I didn't ruin your proprietary secret, rookie
                        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

i fill it with ice cubes. then i discoonect the outlet side and make sno-cones for the kids

actually the great thing about ice cubes is that it beats up the crap in the disposal that's lodged inside and turns to water. plus it's cool to see the machine foam with slush as it grinds up.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Almost right, you put a lot of ice cubes in and run a small amount of water (just more than a trickle) while adding additional cubes until you have a serious slushy. On a dirty or smelly disposer the chocolate color you see coming out of the disposer is from the ice scouring the internal grind chamber. You must also take a peek under the sink at this time to check the piping which just had this semi frozen concoction flowing through it as you may need to snug down a slip joint nut or two. Any time my crew would unjam a disposer we would also clean it out. If the disposer jammed during the above procedure it would be an indicator to the homeowner that a new one would be needed soon.

Comment

Nastiest sinks I've encountered are in dive bars. Five minutes of close proximity and you're struck by an overpowering urge to bath. And the smell. UGH.

Comment

Working...
                              X