X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cart before the horse

I get a call for a yard faucet and am a bit stumped...

It turns out the faucet was in place before the garage was built (thats why it is to close to the wall to turn)

I did not notice it until later but you can also see the dresser coupling on the gas line in the background!

I bought a protective case (Otterbox) for my Blackberry but it makes the pictures a bit blurry until i cut the protective film out that is...LOL

Hacktown is alive and well...

Re: Cart before the horse

Contact the gas utility co. and have them red tag the property until it is fixed correctly.

I can see vibration loosening that up over time.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

What about the rubber seal? Surely its not listed for nat gas and would deteriorate? over time. That would concern me more than vibration. If customer won't fix definately call gas board. I would call gas co anonomously though. This might agitate the ignorant customer taht has the "its been there for x years" attitude.

Comment

In some states those dressor couplings are legal aren't they?

I mean I would never use one legal or not but I thought I read that somewhere....

But yea hack town for sure
        Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
        New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

That is not the best thing to do but think about a compression transition fitting from PE to steel riser for gas pipe. It has a rubber grommet on it.
          Again not the best way to connect gas pipe.
          ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Working...
          X