• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pinholes in copper water lines

Wow, I hope I amswer all the questions;
    city water
    yes type m copper... alot of it is used here
    current??? unknown, maybe I will test it.
    house age....20 -30 approx
    when I say dark, I mean when I sanded it it was dark. It looked just like brass. It was as thought the cemical composition was changed...Does thzt make sense? I have sanded no less than 10,000 times and have never seen this.
    did I catch all the questions?

Comment

Sorry one more note. Or a couple.... It used to be a well and was changed over a few years ago......Also was interested about the two lines run to the house to prevent freezing. Here in MI we just dig them down 5' deep and they won't freeze. Why does that not work there???? It seems like a hassle to run two and circulate it. I find a lot of pipe wears out right after an elbo if you have a 24/7 recirc line. I put timers on all of mine now. I hope with pex thzt that wearing out is eliminated. Mark

Comment

Originally posted by mstrplmr View Post
        Sorry one more note. Or a couple.... It used to be a well and was changed over a few years ago......Also was interested about the two lines run to the house to prevent freezing. Here in MI we just dig them down 5' deep and they won't freeze. Why does that not work there???? It seems like a hassle to run two and circulate it. I find a lot of pipe wears out right after an elbo if you have a 24/7 recirc line. I put timers on all of mine now. I hope with pex thzt that wearing out is eliminated. Mark
        mark,

i live far enough north that the ground thaws down to about a foot or two. perma-frost.

in other words, it's always frozen.

in the heat of summer (all 2 months of it), the ground is frozen. hard as, well......frozen ground.

Vince

Comment

Working...
        X