Sharkbite Trethewey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharkbite Trethewey

I hate to defend this but you have to remember that the sponsers pay big bucks for these guys to show case their products on the show. I'm sure the Sharkbite people paid dearly to have Rich use their product. BTW, I run into Rich all the time. Stories, he has stories. One of the trade off's in doing the show is that you loose a lot of content control. Also, most of the work is not done by Rich himself, but by sub-contractors.
    sigpic

Comment

Just out of curiosity, what was the general opinion of ProPress when it initially became available? That too, is pretty expensive, both fittings and tools.
      In another segment of This Old House they used plug in connectors to connect wiring behind a finished wall where two sections joined together. Splicing wires in inaccessabe locations (such as a junction box behind a finished wall or ceiling) is not permitted either. I guess they get around that because the splices are behind wainscotting that is removable

Comment

I believe they used Tyco AMP connectors; which are supposed to be approved for manufactured/prefab housing.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
          I've said this before and it made a few people mad but here it is again....

"I'm sure some of you in the northeast probably think Threthewey is God or the Son of God or at least the Prince of Pipedom

I think he's a hack; always been a hack, will always continue to be a hack"

There...I said it.....man that felt good
          I saw him dope a fitting, then tape it , then dope it again. i guess he dont want that gas pipe wont leak

Comment

Originally posted by muck View Post
            I saw him dope a fitting, then tape it , then dope it again. i guess he dont want that gas pipe wont leak
            I actually do that "with thin coatings of rectorseal" on 2" black iron, it gives me a little more leeway if I have to back the fitting up slightly for alignment.
            Originally posted by NHMaster3015
            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Never ever back up a gas fitting
              http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

why not? you can only tighten it just so far, and when you're doing a swivel joint on a rooftop with 2" black iron it can be a real bear to get the angle just right. rectorseal, teflon tape, rectorseal, the softset gives you that little bit of leeway for backing it a few degrees.
                No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

If you went to far then you should take it off and start over! I would never back off a gass fitting EVER!

Comment

i'm not seeing a problem As long as it passes a pressure test 30 for 30.

Comment

If it doesn't leak, it doesn't leak. It sometimes has to be backed out a little and I can't remember when it caused me a leak to realign a fitting a bit.

Comment

All`s I`m say is (((I WOULD NEVER BACK OFF ANY GAS FITTING))) You can if you want but I wont

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                          All`s I`m say is (((I WOULD NEVER BACK OFF ANY GAS FITTING))) You can if you want but I wont
                          lol, fair enough.

Comment

Tretheway's got some knowledge, he's just a liitle bit of a DIY sellout.

Comment

Originally posted by VTPLUMBER View Post
                              Tretheway's got some knowledge, he's just a liitle bit of a DIY sellout.
                              I suspect that if offered the same deal I too would go to the dark side.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                                I suspect that if offered the same deal I too would go to the dark side.
                                It's kinda like complaining about how much pro athletes make, but if I could throw a football 60 yards or run a 4.2 40 I would'nt tell the owners "no, that's too much, all I do is play a game"

Comment

Working...
                                X