Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharkbite Trethewey

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    Just watched Trethewey put in a filter with about 10 Sharkbite connections in a very easily accessible area.

P***y.

J.C.
    After further thought and posts reminding me of his "job" on this show. I retract my statement. I have learned things from some of the episodes where he's featured that I may have never otherwise.

J.C.

Comment

All about advertising - they pay for product placement. Any product they use that isn't a paid product placement gets glossed over so fast that it is impossible to learn anything from those shows. They make everything look way too easy with all the stuff they blast past hence causing a lot of DIYers to get in way over their heads. Kind of like how Norm does stuff on New Yankee workshop, where he knocks out perfect dovetail joints in 20 seconds! What the amateur woodworker doesn't see is the assistant who spent half an hour or an hour dialing in the machine and setting it up. But I am rambling~

Comment

Originally posted by JTROANOKE View Post
        All about advertising - they pay for product placement. Any product they use that isn't a paid product placement gets glossed over so fast that it is impossible to learn anything from those shows. They make everything look way too easy with all the stuff they blast past hence causing a lot of DIYers to get in way over their heads. Kind of like how Norm does stuff on New Yankee workshop, where he knocks out perfect dovetail joints in 20 seconds! What the amateur woodworker doesn't see is the assistant who spent half an hour or an hour dialing in the machine and setting it up. But I am rambling~
        I do think they gloss over a lot; but I believe that it really is all Norm all the time. What they don't show you is that Norm has dozens of routers, and dedicates a router per "important" bit (Like I assume for his dovetail jig).

I think ask this old house is much worse from that perspective, the NYW audience kind of figures there are construction details left to the measured drawing (but that is what keeps the show interesting, he focuses on the new/different parts).

P.S. Did I mention that I also believe in Santa and the Easter Bunny.

Comment

Working...
        X