X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharkbite Trethewey

Just watched Trethewey put in a filter with about 10 Sharkbite connections in a very easily accessible area.

P***y.

J.C.

Re: Sharkbite Trethewey

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    Just watched Trethewey put in a filter with about 10 Sharkbite connections in a very easily accessible area.

P***y.

J.C.
    I saw him use them on one episode a while back. I couldn't believe it, what crap. His soldering is not that great either. They may not leak but they aren't too pretty either. I'd like to cut a few apart and see what he's got inside.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

P***y.

J.C.
      I've said this before and it made a few people mad but here it is again....

"I'm sure some of you in the northeast probably think Threthewey is God or the Son of God or at least the Prince of Pipedom

I think he's a hack; always been a hack, will always continue to be a hack"

There...I said it.....man that felt good

Comment

Who is Threthewey?
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
          Who is Threthewey?
          Richard Trethewey. Heating/Plumbing "expert" on This Old House.

J.C.

Comment

Richard Trethewey. Heating/Plumbing "expert" on This Old House.

J.C.
            I he the bald plumber guy? Is he part of Trethewey Brothers in boston?

http://www.tbros.com/

Just curious, I googled tretheway.
            spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

Yes. I don't know enough about him or his company to have a real opinion. But I did not like the multiple sharkbite installation. I believe soldered joints would be better & more durable. Plus this was an easy installation about head high. Clean and well lit. No excuses for not doing the best you can.

J.C.

Comment

Spelling?....Threthewey

Bald guy up top
                Click image for larger version

Name:	bd58c3c39b5ed21b431f1b245bb19ca7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	5164

Comment

Yes. I don't know enough about him or his company to have a real opinion. But I did not like the multiple sharkbite installation. I believe soldered joints would be better & more durable. Plus this was an easy installation about head high. Clean and well lit. No excuses for not doing the best you can.

J.C.
                  Got to remember he is there to sell do it yourself home improvement. Sharkbite certainly qualifies - probably got paid $10K to do it in sharkbite
                  spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

It's ironic that a plumber, from a state (Commonwealth of MA) that doesn't allow unlicensed plumbing work, is pushing DIY plumbing solutions.

Comment

I just spent a year removing and replacing all the crap in one of Bob Vila's old houses. If Trethewey was involved, I'm not impressed.
                      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by myakka View Post
                        I just spent a year removing and replacing all the crap in one of Bob Vila's old houses. If Trethewey was involved, I'm not impressed.
                        Mike

That's show biz!
                        spodelee

Comment

Every time I see one of those basements he's worked in, with boilers and water lines, electrical wires everywhere....I'm thinking the amount of money that goes into those projects are phenomenonomeoneomonemonal.

And talk about product endorsement, man.

I just saw something I'm going to swipe....good find!
                          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
                            It's ironic that a plumber, from a state (Commonwealth of MA) that doesn't allow unlicensed plumbing work, is pushing DIY plumbing solutions.
                            Just cause he lives in a state doesn't mean that he agrees with every law that the legislature passes. Also, if I remember correctly I think the homeowner made the connections to the. house pipes. I wonder if that has to do with the state this was in (e.g., the state allows a homeowner to do work, but not someone else). In some of the segments that have local plumbers actually do the work.

After the segment, he said he wouldn't use them himself, because they are expensive and he knows how to solder.

Comment

I'm pretty sure he said he would not do a whole house in them because they are expensive and he knows how to solder.

I don't recall him saying he would not use them himself.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X