I guess I just cost TOO much!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess I just cost TOO much!

Thats my conclusion. Customer called for a rod out on his kitchen sink. Turns out they jammed the line with potato peels. Tried the Drano (which is still in the line) but wont unclog.

I quote $150 the first hour. 90% are cleared within this time frame. K50 machine.

"That seems like a lot of money to unclog a couple potato peels."

Oh well.....this guy must be looking for the $49.99 drain cleaning company?

Re: I guess I just cost TOO much!

I love when they call and think your too much, then 3 days later they call again. Get to the place and find several empty bottles of drain cleaner, a brand new HD hand snake (all bent and twisted up),an old plunger, and a brand new plastic accordion type plunger, and one pi$$ed off wife.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
      and one pi$$ed off wife.

It does not matter what it cost then

G3

Comment

I'm in the middle of a remodel / 1500 sqft addition a customer is adding to their house...

The GC has let the customer do his own trenching and footings so customer is digging on the weekends (Sundays).

This guy hit every line in his yard more then once...lol He took out his gas line on the coldest day of the year ( his wife was not happy)

He would have been better of letting a pro do the digging and saved himself my Sunday rates $$$

DIY sometimes costs a whole lot more...

Okie

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
          I love when they call and think your too much, then 3 days later they call again. Get to the place and find several empty bottles of drain cleaner, a brand new HD hand snake (all bent and twisted up),an old plunger, and a brand new plastic accordion type plunger, and one pi$$ed off wife.
          Gene, you're not kidding. I have seen that exact situation many a time. I always try to hold back the laughter and finger-pointing.
          Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Re: I guess I just cost TOO much! NOT ALWAYS !!!!!!

When there's poop floating over the front door threshold ,the price is reasonable !
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I guess I am plumbing for charity, I just found out that one of last week's customers wrote me a bad check! And they had me come out a second time to do extra work the day after Christmas too! I would bet the second check they wrote will bounce too...I will giving them a phonecall tomorrow morning. They probably spent all their money on Christmas presents, and had nothing left in the bank to pay for the plumbing repairs. They could have at least been honest about it, and told me to hold the checks for awhile. I hate rubber checks!
              Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                I guess I am plumbing for charity, I just found out that one of last week's customers wrote me a bad check! And they had me come out a second time to do extra work the day after Christmas too! I would bet the second check they wrote will bounce too...I will giving them a phonecall tomorrow morning. They probably spent all their money on Christmas presents, and had nothing left in the bank to pay for the plumbing repairs. They could have at least been honest about it, and told me to hold the checks for awhile. I hate rubber checks!
                Probably an honest mistake if it was a repeat customer. Be sure to have your hand out for the returned check charge that your bank will debit from your account.
                "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

I got this on a water heater replacement tonight,

Started off talking tankless, bad move, then I pushed him to just replace the tank and quit spending thousands.

I then kinda blew him off for tomorrow on the replacement when he told me there's no walkout basement, and that I would only take the new one down, not pull the old one out.

Phone will be ringing tomorrow, no doubt, don't need a garbage call like that. He'll call somebody and find an installer.

My hemmorhoids will thank me.
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

If it was only a couple of potato peels, they wouldn't have clogged the damn drain! If they call you back in a couple of days, I would raise the price at least 50 bucks and make sure they know it's a stupid tax.

Comment

Working...
                    X