Kenetic Water Ram

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kenetic Water Ram

It's effective on hair blockages and lint blockages with limited access for cables.

Drum traps which are not cable friendly.

Washing machine standpipes with 1-1/2 c.i. ptraps when I cant get cable through.

Never on kitchen sinks, wont do anything for grease blockages, and will guaranty recall on warranty.

Never on sewers, commodes, urinals, floor drains.

Comment

They are awesome, I've cleared a small sub division from one 1-1/2" roof vent
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

You could travel the country and charge a lot of money teaching that technique.

Comment

I wonder if I can get one as part of the Obama Stimulus plan?

Comment

I have one it takes up too much room so it stays in the shop (kinetic water ram) it has done some blockages for me that i could not cable half the time it stays cleared other 50 they call back and we talk about creating a cleanout. But I will say on cast double tees with no vent or drum trap they do have a use.
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
              I wonder if I can get one as part of the Obama Stimulus plan?
              I'd be more stimulated by a new DVDPAK. I daydream about it every time I pull out my vcr monitor. Especially yesterday when I had it on a roof.

The ram is only $250.

Comment

Re: Kenetic Water Ram , 10 year old boys NEED one !

I may buy four for fun. I have 3 daughters , a Son, and 8 grandkids. All the boys get a five Min. demo. Then I send them home to clear MOM'S DRAINS. This would all be filmed for
                one of those funny T.V. shows. I could finally retire!
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I use the water ram with good results also the Drain King ...

I was at a Chinese Restaurant and Got Pizzed off Put 130Psi into it and proceeded to Explode all the PVC under the 3 Compartment sink ... It was just as well because there was a Lid off a bottle wedged in the Drainage system ... PVC Shards are Hell when they Hit 'Ya ...

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by NoeEttica View Post
                    I use the water ram with good results also the Drain King ...

I was at a Chinese Restaurant and Got Pizzed off Put 130Psi into it and proceeded to Explode all the PVC under the 3 Compartment sink ... It was just as well because there was a Lid off a bottle wedged in the Drainage system ... PVC Shards are Hell when they Hit 'Ya ...

Dave

Whoa! 130? I start at 20psi, then try 30psi, and never go over 40psi.

3 compartment sink or any restaurant drains need cables. IMO.

95% of the time I use the ram, is for inaccessible drum traps, where the blockage is outgoing from the trap and there is no vent to work from.

The other 5% is when I cant get a cable through the washing machine c.i. ptrap. I always recommend replacing the trap.

Sad thing around here these days is people are rebuilding their homes and leaving the drum traps in the slab.

Comment

KINETIC WATER RAM I believe
                      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I agree 20Psi Max 60 in my case Because I can Hand pump for that ....

The Chinese was an extreme case ...

Dave

Comment

I love my ram it doesn't always work but I try the easy way first and a lot of times the rams work. I have made some mess here and there but when it works it's awesome. I do, do urinals with it ,I HATE pulling urinals so I take out the strainer and play with the rams rubber cones to get the tightest fit and then put my 250 pounds pushing down and pull the trigger..... I have a lot of building maintenance guys tell me the urinal hasn't worked that good in many many years. it really blows the salts off the sides of the pipes.
                          but it has also blown back on me a few times. at Mcdonalds on the highway..... can't imagine how many peoples germs I was exposed to. it was in my mouth in my nose in my eyes... but at least I didn't have to pull that damn urinal.
                          also at Mcdonalds they have a hand sink that none of the drain guys can get through with any snakes they pull back straws but never clear the drain... my ram has cleared it three times in the last 5 years. if not for the ram I think we would have jack hammered the floor.
                          had the ram for years really gotten me out of some hard to clear drains.

Comment

An over looked use for the Kinetic Water Ram is to blow out slow water pipes. I had a home owner that was getting bad water pressure to their kitchen sink. So I turn off the water to the house. Open up the water lines to the utility sink below the kitchen sink line, then remove the supply line to the kitchen faucet and attach the blow gun to the angle stop, and pump it up to 100 PSI and blast away. Re assemble the parts I took apart turn water back on and show off the increased water pressure. Works good on the old galvanized lines, I have done it for showers, lavs, you name it.
                            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                            Ron's Facebook
                            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I have one don't use it much. Some drum traps I can hop cable past them copper yes galvanized no. So I use air ram It does work. Works great on Dunkin Donuts coffee bean drain station drains.
                              Rod
                              MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                              Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                              http://unclognh.com
                              http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

I use the kenetic water ram on occasion. It has cleared lav drains. floor drains. a sewer to a septic system tubs showers. I have made some messes with it. Once I cleared a back to back sink. I didn't know there was someone using the sink in the next apartment it blew a lot of back crap all over the guy. Luck he was not too upset and happy his sink was working. David

Comment

Working...
                                X