X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenetic Water Ram

Anybody use a water ram? Do they work? Are they worth the $$$ or just a waste?

Okie

Re: Kenetic Water Ram

G'junk.

Heard a lot of people say they sit at their shop, unused.

I do it the right way, get the machine out.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

dunbar must of heard me

it's a good gimmick that they make look easy and clean.

in reality, it's a mess maker. the air pressure is going either down the drain, up the drain or back at you

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

We`v all heard of you Rick
        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
          Anybody use a water ram? Do they work? Are they worth the $$$ or just a waste?

Okie
          Thus far, I have used mine on 2 bath drains and 1 lav drain. It blew the living crap (literally) out of all three drains with no call backs. Preparation is needed for plugging of other openings like overflows and dual sinks. I purposely left a small relief point in order to prevent drainwork from coming apart due to excess pressure. As long as the stoppage is limited to a small portion of the drain they seem to work well. On the tubs it actually blew apart soap that had settled in the drain. Obviously if it is a kitchen sink stuffed with coffee grounds, then the ram is not the right choice. One more thing, there must be a solid column of water between the ram and stoppage (ram only with water standing in the sink). Sure makes fast work out of clearing a simple drain stoppage.

The drain pros are not going to like this post. Ducking for cover now!
          spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

Hey if it works for you spodelee, you're getting your monies worth which is good.

I just would be so freaking afraid of hooking that to a tub drain with compression ferrules, hitting the trigger and causing a leak that cause a whole lot of damage over time from now leaking.

But on the same line of thinking, cabling can cause a large amount of vibration through the lines as well.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

One of my service guys love's the thing and manages to use it without causing a god awful mess. They can and will spray crap all over the room if caution and preperation is not good. Personally I'll stack with more conventional methods.
              sigpic

Comment

I've heard enough horror stories to keep me away from one
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Speaking of god awfull messes. Anyone use those rubber spray things (can't remember the brand name) that you put a hose to and shove it down the drain. Kind of like a poor mans jetter only makes an even bigger mess. Specially if the clog don't break loose and you have all that pressure and crap backed up in the pipe. wear a raincoat.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                    Speaking of god awfull messes. Anyone use those rubber spray things (can't remember the brand name) that you put a hose to and shove it down the drain. Kind of like a poor mans jetter only makes an even bigger mess. Specially if the clog don't break loose and you have all that pressure and crap backed up in the pipe. wear a raincoat.
                    That's what I like about everyone here. You're willing to try almost any and everything that comes down the pike and purports to do a better, cleaner, quicker, and more profitable job.
                    "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

I use them as an absolute LAST resort. Next step call in an excavator.
                      I've had pretty good luck with them. I would never consider using one in a finished area with out a 36 page waiver absolving me of all responsibility.
                      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I used mine just last night. It was a Red Lobster bar floor sink. The floor sink and riser out of the trap were coated with a thick, rubbery mold. I couldn't have got a machine in there, it was a mad supper rush. I popped it with the water ram and good to go. It also works great on slow draining showers.

Comment

Ahh, I believe you refer to the drain king. We had a 2" lab drain stopped up and 2 of our plumbers decided this would be a good time to put the old DK to good use. Well, after several minutes of pressure building the yells from the other side of the wall let us know that we had found a place for all that pressure to go. Long story short the stopped up drain was tied into a darkroom on the other side of the wall, so we ended up blowing our clog out of a stand pipe coating the entire room in crud

Comment

I use a blow bag/drain king often.Only when I know there is a solid shot between it and the main.I had a long sludgy floor drain today.Cabled first with 3/8 cable and blades
                            and it wouldn't move so threw that bag down the line past where the kit.sink tied in and had going right away! When I cannot use these in a house or restaurant due to lines tying in, the small jetter is the next step.

Comment

I just used my Kinetic Water Ram 5 minutes ago. My tub/shower drain started to drain slow. I spun the stopper off and used a zip-stick, it usually comes back with my wife's hair. Nothing. I then remembered the natural sponges my wife had bought for our boys to use. Every time they are used, a little sponge crumb would go down the drain. I put 30 pounds on it and whammo! Good to go

Comment

Working...
                              X