Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Do You Think Snotty Plumbers Kill The Profession?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Think Snotty Plumbers Kill The Profession?

I personally do.

What's your thoughts?

Re: Do You Think Snotty Plumbers Kill The Profession?

I believe it is like everything else out there. How many times have you had a vehicle worked on only to find out the mechanic was a dope? The plus side of bad plumbers is the good plumbers gain the ability to build a loyal customer base.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Excellent Point,

Thanks Mark!

Comment

Had to look up the word snotty. Take any plumber to a job and ask him what he thinks of the plumbing and you will get a load of reasons why the job was done by a hack.

I looked up Plumber in the dictionary it states: He who sits at Gods right hand.

Try posting some of your work sometime. Like feeding piranhas hamburger.

Want to have some fun? Post a thread a how much time it takes to clean a drain, or install a water heater.

I KNOW it hurts the profession, especially the training of apprentices.
        Most apprentices are treated like crap and most guys know it. Ask your journeyman a question, I dare ya!

I like it when someone does plumbing that isn't licensed. It hits the fan. Even though every plumber here did side work when they were not licensed or performed work through their employer while not supervised by a licensed plumber.

Before the round-up you could post a thread on corn flakes and somehow a sectional vs. drum got brought up.

Any man can tear another man down, very few can build a man up.-Tyman
        Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Thanks for taking the time out to respond man,

I feel the same way at times, Sometimes is seems if you don't own a K-60 , your just a stupid kid........

I have also decided not to go to the round up.

I don't think I would fit in, Which reminds me I need to let Ridgid know

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
          Had to look up the word snotty. Take any plumber to a job and ask him what he thinks of the plumbing and you will get a load of reasons why the job was done by a hack.

I looked up Plumber in the dictionary it states: He who sits at Gods right hand.

Try posting some of your work sometime. Like feeding piranhas hamburger.

Want to have some fun? Post a thread a how much time it takes to clean a drain, or install a water heater.

I KNOW it hurts the profession, especially the training of apprentices.
          Most apprentices are treated like crap and most guys know it. Ask your journeyman a question, I dare ya!

I like it when someone does plumbing that isn't licensed. It hits the fan. Even though every plumber here did side work when they were not licensed or performed work through their employer while not supervised by a licensed plumber.

Before the round-up you could post a thread on corn flakes and somehow a sectional vs. drum got brought up.

Any man can tear another man down, very few can build a man up.-Tyman
          Last edited by PlumbingSkool; 12-29-2008, 07:37 PM.

Comment

I feel that any "hack" in any profession gives us all a bad name. I wish welding required a licence in my state, sure me and other pro's have certs up the wazoo(each process, for each aplication, must be kept current, etc... you all know). But any joe schmoe can go buy a welding machine and say " Here I am I am a welder, let me fix the frame of your 90,000 pound truck, weld your gas pipe, or do moment conections". Peoples lifes are at risk with shoddy work done by "pros" no matter what the trade.

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
              Thanks for taking the time out to respond man,

I feel the same way at times, Sometimes is seems if you don't own a K-60 , your just a stupid kid........

I have also decided not to go to the round up.

I don't think I would fit in, Which reminds me I need to let Ridgid know
              Joe, I don't think you should bail on the roundup because of sectional vs. drum or any one personality. I didn't get approval from the budget committee to go, but if I did I am sure I would fit in and have had a good time. I'm sure you'll fit in fine. And maybe you can beat Rick at ARM WRESTLING.

Comment

What, you don't own a K60? Throw the bum off the forum

Listen up. It's plumbing. Pipes, tools and a lifetime of learning. There's snotty bastards in every trade. I have met literally hundreds of plumbers and HVAC guys over the years and by far the vast majority of them are really good guys making a living.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                  Joe, I don't think you should bail on the roundup because of sectional vs. drum or any one personality. I didn't get approval from the budget committee to go, but if I did I am sure I would fit in and have had a good time. I'm sure you'll fit in fine. And maybe you can beat Rick at ARM WRESTLING.
                  Charles, I do agree with you on the "because of sectional vs. drum or any one personality." part,

let's just say, at this point I rather not go, how do I cancel my spot?

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                  What, you don't own a K60? Throw the bum off the forum
                  hehe

Come on , I will buy one sooN

Comment

There's nutbars and dummies in every trade.

Had to show my mechanic twice one day why I had to convert his waste oil from gallons into liters(quarts) in order to get a rough guess of how many oil changes he did a month. He was a little slow on the uptake, but he's a great mechanic.

I've seen lots of snotty salesman at work, snotty customers too. I guess it all comes down to quality/volume of work. Numbers on the board don't lie.

If a guy's work is awesome, the snottiness isn't an issue, he can always get nice. As well, people will put up with crap if the work is good. I've had customers tell me countless times that they hated the salesman yet they bought the deal from him.

If a guy's work sucks, he can be the nicest guy in the world, ain't gonna help him. He won't sell anything or get any work. In that case, the adage would probably be "Nice guys finish last."

Sometimes a little cockiness doesn't hurt.

It's like the old novelty shirt/bumper sticker: "I may be fat but you're ugly - I can diet"

Same in the plumbing biz, carpentry biz, electrical biz..........
                    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
                      Come on , I will buy one sooN
                      Dont buy it make Rick happy, buy it beacuse you think it will help you with what you do
                      Or
                      Just learn how to use a Drum Machine
                      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                        Dont buy it make Rick happy, buy it beacuse you think it will help you with what you do
                        Or
                        Just learn how to use a Drum Machine

Rick,......I never heard of any Rick?

Comment

Working...
                        X