X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Handle T?S Valve

Who makes a decent one in your experience that's still available?

Re: 3 Handle T?S Valve

I like the Price Pfister two and three handle valves. I think the Moen and Delta one are garbage. For single handle shower valves, I feel the exact opposite.

The problem with the two and three handle valves is they are usually not pressure balancing, so legally we shouldn't be installing them.

Comment

I was told Delta doesn't make one anymore.

Only leaves me with Moen & Central here. Already had complaints about Central.

J.C.

Comment

Gerber is our only choice

Style sucks but what can you do?

Comment

Gerber 8" and 11". Been using them for 30+ years. Can be ordered with 1/4 turn stems if desired. We use old style trim which works well with old, thick, mud set tile. The escutcheon slides 2-3" on the barrel to allow for the tile thickness.
          The newer style trim does not adjust as much. We buy I.P. (48-030) but also available in copper. Actually I think the new ones are able to be used with I.P. or copper.

Comment

Originally posted by APHCO View Post
            Gerber 8" and 11". Been using them for 30+ years. Can be ordered with 1/4 turn stems if desired. We use old style trim which works well with old, thick, mud set tile. The escutcheon slides 2-3" on the barrel to allow for the tile thickness.
            The newer style trim does not adjust as much. We buy I.P. (48-030) but also available in copper. Actually I think the new ones are able to be used with I.P. or copper.
            Thanks. Good info. Keep running into old installs that are either easier to put in another 3 handle or that's what they want.

Took lav faucets off CI sinks today that were installed in 1957. Yeah, it was easy.

J.C.

Comment

I have a Gerber on the truck right now. It's old technology, but at least the HOs won't be snapping the stems off.

Comment

Gerber here in NY also. Everyone has parts for them. Fits old mud and razor lath, fg stalls, and wonderboard and tile. Even come apart with hard water fairly easy. Delta and Moen are junk try getting them apart in 20 grain hard water, not. Price Shi*er is even worse. AMSTD and Kohler are okay but parts always have to be ordered and customers don't like to wait for parts. Gerber has ceramic stems that are great.
                WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE,
                ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Comment

i will not install a 2 or 3 handle valve. in my opinion they are all garbage
                  Mike
                  Clark County Plumbing And Drain
                  www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

I am not a fan of 3 handle T&S valves either. The biggest complaint I get is the lack of volume control with single handle Moen's so we also install the Moentrol to get the best of both worlds.

Comment

Gerber
                      "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                        I was told Delta doesn't make one anymore.

J.C.
                        Delta no longer makes two or three handle T/S faucets. I have been using Price Phister. They have two different models to choose from. One has crystal plastic handles the other has lever handles. Sure wish they (Delta)would leave well enough alone.

Comment

Working...
                        X