X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toto dual flush install

i installed a toto dual flush toilet that the owner specified.
    this was the first time being exposed to this new style installation.
    model cst416m- aquia ll dual flush.
    interesting that it doesn't show the specs for the install on their site.

unlike the familar sub-base that we are familar with. this one was not only more tedious, but the installation of the tank, and toilet seat was interesting.

glad she picked the toilet.

by the way it was a 2 hour job with clean up and disposal of old rialto 1 pc.

the photos show the placement of the sub base, with the mounting anchors that the bowl bolts to.

the tank to bowl lock nuts and studs.

the toilet seat that was chosen was a quick release style that will not accept the toto supplied rubber mounting plugs. the bummer was that the nuts for the seat are inaccessable to your hands. i had to use a 2' grabber tool to reach up into the bolw to catch the nuts.

and best is the fact that the ballcock requires the flex be installed prior to mounting the tank. if you need to replace the flex or ballcock, you will need to remove the tank

hope this helps you in the future for this type of install.

rick.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 12-31-2008, 09:47 PM.
    phoebe it is

Re: Toto dual flush install

I have always been a huge fan of Toto water closets. The dual flush is admittadly more time consuming to install but you have to think of them in terms of being new and different. The base is a whole lot different but then I've been saying for years that there has got to be something better than 2 bolts and a chunk of wax so maybe this is it. Only time will tell.
    sigpic

Comment

Rick,

Your a good man, I can do finishes , but crap like that I hate, I prefer , roughs, drains, boilers personally

Nice clean job man! You must have patients of a saint

Comment

Always interesting to learn something new. Thanks.

But I don't get all the mounting system fuss. Millions of W/C's installed without rocking or leaking problems.

J.C.

Comment

Can you get to the flex with a basin wrench???

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            Can you get to the flex with a basin wrench???

J.C.
            no as the hole in the china is too small. the bowl is what you need to reach through the bottom.

not sure if the photos show a better angle.

but even the toilet seat bolts are inaccessible. notice the spring grabber tool i used to reach under the bowl to catch the nuts

personally the .9gpf is only good for a guys #1. the house is occupied by a lady

guess what? they have a 1.28 gpf toilet out too

soft stoppages are defiantly on the rise out here.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              no as the hole in the china is too small. the bowl is what you need to reach through the bottom.

not sure if the photos show a better angle.

but even the toilet seat bolts are inaccessible. notice the spring grabber tool i used to reach under the bowl to catch the nuts

personally the .9gpf is only good for a guys #1. the house is occupied by a lady

guess what? they have a 1.28 gpf toilet out too

soft stoppages are defiantly on the rise out here.

rick.
              Could you please explain the difference between a guys "#1" and a ladies "#1"?

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Is there really a difference, I mean not to be anymore disgusting then what this is already but I have known some chicks that could leave a mean dump

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                  Could you please explain the difference between a guys "#1" and a ladies "#1"?

Mark
                  Anatomically speaking or volume analyzation.
                  "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

They use paper.

J.C.

Comment

mark you had to ask
                      Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                      http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                      http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

I've put a few of those in, Rich. Drilling the anchor bolts into tile knowing that if the holes drift the mounting clips may not line up properly with the holes in the side of the bowl tends to slow down the whole process. The horizontal bowl connection mounting bracket on the back inlet Aquis CST414M also takes some getting used to.

Comment

I haven't installed a Toto in a loooooong time and I don't know why.

Toto needs to enter the big box market, lower their prices to make the comparables more in line.

Their sales have to be slagging as a result of about 6 toilets on the market under $250 that are excellent, and don't have to use a toilet bowl brush.
                          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
                            I've put a few of those in, Rich. Drilling the anchor bolts into tile knowing that if the holes drift the mounting clips may not line up properly with the holes in the side of the bowl tends to slow down the whole process. The horizontal bowl connection mounting bracket on the back inlet Aquis CST414M also takes some getting used to.

I am definitely the sort of person that likes to have an allowance for "margin of error".

Nothing in plumbing is perfect, by far.
                            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                              I haven't installed a Toto in a loooooong time and I don't know why.

Toto needs to enter the big box market, lower their prices to make the comparables more in line.

Their sales have to be slagging as a result of about 6 toilets on the market under $250 that are excellent, and don't have to use a toilet bowl brush.
                              Exactly.

This one might be going on the hate list. What do you do if they want a different toilet later whose footprint won't cover the mounting holes?

I know older ones have caulk etc. but you have a chance to get it clean enough to be acceptable.

There are other Dual Flush's without all of this. Just seems like alot of trouble without cause in my opinion.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X